This is my first time writing to you

I have survived 2 ruptured brain aneursyms. Anybody else? First brain hemmorage 7 years ago, when I was 40, second hemmorage 6 months later on the other side. I would love to talk with anybody. I have never been in any kind of support group, I think this would really help me. Michelle

Hi Michelle.

You will find the group of people in this site are just about the greatest. Support for other people is amazing and is something major that comes from them. I had a ruptured aneurysm on 12/31/05…HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! One is quite enough for me thank you. You will find that a lot of the people who have had them now have a very positive outlook on things. It is nice to have you in here.

Hi Cathy, thanks for emailing me back. Yes, I agree, one aneurysm is enough. I been through two crainotiomes with clipping of both aneurysms. My second aneurysm they said was very small, but the kicker was it was the mirror image on the other side of the first aneurysm that blew. So they sent me to a hosptial and I had an angiogram which they were going to put a coil in the second one, they said it was an easy procedure, 1 hour surgery, out the next day. The problem was that the coil they put in went in the neck of the aneurysm and out the other side. I suffered another rupture introperativley. Two weeks in ICU Neurology and then 1 week in the other ward, and I finally got out of the hospital. The coil they put in was stuck (and still is) in my optic nerve of my left eye. I could go on and on , but will stop her. I appreciate your friendship. Thanks Michelle

Cathy Zardas said:

Hi Michelle.

You will find the group of people in this site are just about the greatest. Support for other people is amazing and is something major that comes from them. I had a ruptured aneurysm on 12/31/05…HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! One is quite enough for me thank you. You will find that a lot of the people who have had them now have a very positive outlook on things. It is nice to have you in here.

Hi Jim, how big is your second aneurysm? I had a small one on the mirror image side of my first one that blew. They went to fix it with an angiogram and coiling. The coiling didnt work. It ruptured intraopertivaely while I was on the table. A one night hosptial stay turned into 3 weeks. Arent you worried about the second one? I dont want to sound negative, but my small one turned into a nightmare, and unbelievably, my left side of my body (where the second one was, and still is) has suffered the worst. I have left sided weakness, stutter, etc. . The big aneurysm on my right side was clipped and I dont suffer from it. Please email me back with your thoughts. Thanks Michelle

Jim Fitzpatrick said:

Hello, I am Jim Fitzpatrick
I survived a rupture 6 years ago. I have a second aneurysm but the Doctors are not concerned with it. This site is just starting up and we expect much rapid growth over the next few weeks…You will find many who share your experiences and I am sure you will find several friends…If you have any questions, feel free to contact me

Hey, this is old! Closing it to posts, feel free to start a new thread