Surgery scheduled and very nervous

Hello everyone. I must have asked a hundred questions at my pre-op, but still feel like I don't know what's going on. Am trying not to focus on the big thing and just think of the little things like... what kind of shoes to wear on surgery day... I mean, am I going to be able to bend over and tie my tennies, or should I just wear my slippers...!? Trying to stay light-hearted, but I gotta tell you, I'm feeling pretty nervous. Trying really hard to not be, but maybe even down-right scared.

Many years ago I had a bad, bad experience with the insertion of a groin catheter. Am not looking forward to this surgery. My leg is throbbing just thinking about it....

Anyway, I'm sure you've heard this all before, it's helping just to be able to "say what I'm feeling". My husband has been very helpful and supportive, but he's just not getting the emotional reaction I'm having. So thank you all for 'listening'. Have taken my Xanax and sleeping pill and think I'm finally sleepy enough to go to bed.

(Surgery is sometime Wednesday the 5th. Won't know when to report until the day before, I guess they call you the night before to let you know.)

Good night all!

cmcbl

Hello,

You know, its pretty difficult to remain carefree and light when the bottom line is, you're having brain surgery on Wednesday. I mean, it IS major stuff so you have every right to be nervous AND an emotional wreck too ! I'm sorry you went thru a bad experience with a femoral insertion at one time, however this time I'm sure it will be a highly skilled tech and an all together different one at that, so hopefully this won't be nearly as bad as you're anticipating it to be.

What sort of test was done in order to ascertain your current situation (I'm assuming it wasn't an angiogram via the groin?) at any rate, I'm glad you have some Xanax to calm the nerves as I know it does indeed help at a time like this, that and a supportive husband -- excellent ! And I say, bring the tennis shoes for your trip home from the hospital...You'll be in my thoughts on Wednesday!

Peace, Janet

Feel the Hugs, support and love...believe it or not...you will be ready to get this "show on the road" and start the healing...be sure to tell them the morning of about your nervousness with the injection in the groin...they may be able to give you something before the intubation to calm you a bit...Thinking about you and praying ~ Colleen

will be praying for you

hi cmcb! so happy for you, prayers for strength and fortitude for a textbook procedure. Hang in therel think positive and everything will be fine. Is there anything that relaxes you? I lived on the radio and music helped me greatly, also sermons helped a lot, I hope you find peace and comfort in the meantime

Hello. Surgery went well this past Wednesday:) Had wonderful docs, wonderful nurses. Everyone was very nice, understanding. They had trouble starting iv because I was dehydrated, so they decided to start it in the OR. And you know, I don't remember a thing, which is a good thing in a way and really weird, too. I don't remember being in the OR at all! Very strange to have gone through such a major thing and not remember...!

My annie which started out as a 3 or 4mm 2 years ago ended up being a 5mm. Stayed in hospital overnight. Just kind of hung out at home over the weekend. Had to go to er yesterday (Monday) morning with chest pain. Talked with the docs where I had the surgery, also talked to my family doc, they all recommended the er over clinic appt. After 4 hours and several tests they decided that I had pleurisy. Not all of my lungs "re-inflated" after surgery and the 2 layers of pleura (linings) were rubbing together causing pain when I breathed. First day back to work after I got back from the hospital.

Yesterday, aside from the chest pain, I felt pretty good. No pain meds since Saturday, just regular ole Tylenol! Today, my head is throbbing, took pain meds almost 3 hours ago and still is throbbing...

They told me of danger signs to watch for, but nobody said anything of what to expect. I suppose because every patient is different. So I'm trying real hard to expect the best!!

Anyway, just wanted you all to know that I'm doing ok! Thank you all for your comments and insight!

Oh - reply to janet... it was mri that originally showed my annie.

Goodnight all!

cmcbl

hiya~!! see we told you it was a piece of cake!! lol , thanks for the update!! keeping you in thoughts and prayers for additional improvement~~

Thank you for the update. Happy to hear that you are back to work already. I hope that your headaches subside soon for you. Please let us all know if you have any questions. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
~ Carol