Brain Aneurysm Support Community

Success story

Hi everyone. Just wanted to check in and let everyone know I had my surgery on Aug 24. I am still amazed with how well it went. I had the coiling done and needed a stent as well. I had no postoperative symptoms, no pain except a very slight headache that went away exactly one week after surgery. And I only stayed with my son 3 days then came home by myself. I truly am amazed as is everyone else with my recovery. I expected to be at least very tired but I have been fine. Although I will say I haven't been doing much at all. Thanks to all for your support and encouragement.

0 Likes

Good for you!! God speed

0 Likes

So happy you are pleased with your surgery and recovery. I will be having basically the same surgery later this fall. I have just been watching mine for the last 2.5 years. But have decided I want it taken care of. Hearing how well things went with you gives me hope for the same.

0 Likes

I am so glad to hear how well you are doing. It sure does help us newbies to hold on to hope. ?...was the coiling and stent done endovascularly like through a groin catheter?

0 Likes

I too am so happy that your procedure went well. I had 2 coils and a stent placed at the bifurcation of the inner carotid artery on May 21. Mine was also through the groin. Surgery was on a Thursday at 10:00 to 1:00 and I left the hospital the following evening. I had to lay around for 3 or 4 days, basically no symptoms other than bruising on my hands from IV's and a bruise on my left eyelid. I think that hearing that it CAN be this easy will help calm other's fears. I was terrified before the procedure and couldn't believe how easily it went.

0 Likes

Awesome news so glad and happy for you and yes it does make me feel more at ease
Congratulations on your procedure and recovery Wow must be a guge relief

0 Likes

Amen!!!

0 Likes

Awesome!!!!! So much better than waiting for an explosion, or living with fear. I am so HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!

0 Likes

Ditto! I echo the same comments. I was coiled
Sat December and they found another that needs clipped. I have had headaches since having the coiling and it’s been 10 months. I have been hesitant to go through it again whi
E I’m still suffering, but now I figure I may as well get it all over with and a least I won’t have to live in fear of the second one rupturing. They say it’s easier to recover from a treated unruptured Annie than it is from one that has, so I’m ready to take the next step.

Thx for sharing :slight_smile:
Lisa

Kathyg said:

So happy you are pleased with your surgery and recovery. I will be having basically the same surgery later this fall. I have just been watching mine for the last 2.5 years. But have decided I want it taken care of. Hearing how well things went with you gives me hope for the same.

0 Likes

So happy to hear everything went well. Knowing what I know now, (I had a rupture) I wouldn't wait a month!

0 Likes