Ped

Hi… My story started back in April when having fatigue & vertigo I was sent to a neurologist, who did an MRI scan only to find two aneurysms, located in the left & right ICA… I was then sent on to Sydney RPA about 4wks ago to have an angiogram, when that didn’t quite go to plan with a dissection of the carotid artery in the neck, so last week headed back to Sydney RPA to have a ‘double’ stent inserted, currently at home recovering from that, then will hopefully see my Neuro in August to set a date for the first Aneurysm to be done with a PED… Do not know much about this procedure so any info would be helpful!! Looking forward to meeting you all & gaining as much information as possible :slight_smile:

Again Welcome Janine...

Sometimes weekends are a bit slow around here...hang in there ~ Colleen

Hello Janine and welcome to the Site !

I've been down the road of a clipping, then a coil, then a clipping to address the compacted coils--but no PED. So I can't tell you a thing about the PED but I can say I'm glad you're here! Peace to you as you go thru this journey, Janet

Thanks Janet.... Nice to meet you, sounds like you have had a 'long road' to travel, hope you are feeling well?? Trying to learn all I can so I can 'arm' myself with as much knowledge I can take, lol....

Janine....there is a PED / Pipeline Group site here...that likely would be very beneficial to you...

Also, can bring up the FDA approval info by searching its file #: P100018

Expect you will get lots of info here from those who have had, or are planning to have the PED procedure...

Prayers for your success.

Pat

Thanks Pat... Have found the page and slowly reading through!! This site has been a wonderful help when faced with the unknown x