Newbee

Ok everyone new to the site but just have been in the background reading everyone's story. Had my first coil/stent on May 1st with 2 more to go. Returned to work after a week (actually five days) and is that too soon? My problems now are still the "stabbing" pains in the head but I have another problem with my blood pressure being too low. Had a tilt table test which was positive so they tell me that's indicative of idiopathic ostatic hypotension and put me on midodrine. Went to see an EP doctor and he switched me to fludrocortisone which I stopped taking. See regular doctor today to discuss that. My OTHER problem is that I put on 3-5 lbs. but am shy to return to physical workouts and really haven't gotten a straight answer from any of my doctors about this. Anyone help with any of this?

hi Renee! welcome! not sure about your meds but prednisone made me eat everything in the fridge, then worked on the cupboards and freezers!!lol-theres many exercise you can do at home-i got the stretch bands and 5lb ankle weights and an 8 lb dumbbell, also i have an abdominizer seat that has handles so you don't wrench your neck. i lost some weight but i think that's normal after the holiday fattening up!! i still get pinches 4 yrs post but far less often--this will improve.How was work? Everyone is different so you'll have to be your own judge as to returning to work.imo, anyways best of luck to you, keeping you in thoughts and prayers~

Thanks and pinches is a better word for it....good luck back to you and keep you in my prayers as well!!

Hi Renee!

I'd be willing to put money on the 'Fludrocortisone' as the weight culprit. Glad you're not taking it, as other (lots of other) drugs can wreak havoc taken along with any cortisone drug, plus ofcourse the weight gain thing is definately something cortisone drugs seem to enhance/are known for .

The stabbing pains? I know lots of others here have the same type of thing going on after their coilings...I'm sure you'll be hearing from a few of them!

Peace to you as you get thru it all, and good luck with the hypotension issue.

Janet

Thanks Janet and that is one of the side effects, and I did stop taking it but it just seems one thing after another but this site and people like you have given me so much in such a short time and I will be forever grateful for that....prayers to you as well!!

You are early in the healing Renee..and I too gained 5 pounds after my coiling...it was bad...couldn't do anything with losing it...but Neuro...keep saying it will happen ... Guess what ? 1 year to the date of surgery...I lost the weight and then some...right now...your entire body is a bit "out of whack"...~ Colleen

Ps...I started with walking and walking and more walking...didn't start back on small weights and cardio until about 6 months...I no longer can do certain situps because of lifting head...

Well thank you for the hope, this site has really made my day and I'm so glad I joined

My rupture was 2 years ago i was coiled and stented too . I get the Icepic headaches I think you are referring too . They hurt like hell but come and go pretty quick .scared the hell out of me in the beginning . I lost about 7 lbs while in hospital was down to 110 but gained 20 lbs pretty quick . my reason was I quit smoking . My last cig was the night before rupture .

...... I too have very low BP 90/60 at times . I'm not on any meds for it .