New to this life

I want to thank Ellen and Coleen for the welcome and red ribbons. My aneurysm ruptured April 28, 2013. I remember the sudden pain and I remember telling myself that I was in trouble. The next thing I remember is one day after surgery in the hospital. They tell me I never lost consciousness and even signed surgery consent with my husband. My family also tells me I was very combative with EMS people. In fact I was combative and mouthy with everybody..doctors and nurses included. Doctors tell me the combativness came from the pain. I guess the filter on my mouth was the first thing the rupture took from me considering I still haven't gotten it back. That and my patience..Will I ever get them back? The most difficult thing for me to deal with is the lack of energy and getting tired so easily. And I cannot get used to being taken care of. Having raised four kids as a single mom and having an wheelchair bound elderly mother I have always been the caregiver..not getter. I have gotten most of my life back..driving and back to work for which I am very thankful. Finding this site has been extremely helpful. Discovering that the lumps, bumps, and irritating after effects are not uncommon and actually normal is quite comforting. Thank you all and smile...it makes people wonder what you are thinking about...especially now!

Hi Louise and You are so welcome...we are all in this journey together...and I must say you are really doing good...You are so ... oh early in the Healing stages...and your brain will still need extra rest...~ Be sure no matter what ... You are taking care of YOU...~ that is the most important thing right now...~ Wishing you a peaceful day ~ Colleen

Hi Louise and welcome, I also lost a few days in time when my aneurysm burst, apparently I was taken to the hospital, doctors, had a blood test etc. all whilst I was for the best part unaware, there were a few lucid moments in there for example when the back door of the ambulance flew open on a busy road on route to A&E and I said I'd always wanted to be in a "Carry On" film, my family think I too have become more forthright in my comments and that my filter has gone sometimes, you are still quite early on in your recovery and I am sure your energy levels will improve over time, anyways for now take care of yourself xxx

hi Louise- glad your here since its helped me so much. Patience will get better-its like we have to re-learn it- like a child. You have given so much you tipped the scale! its now your turn to be on the receiving end--please try to embrace this time with the loved one or whoever helps you- don't fight it and don't be offended if someone opens their heart to help- this is a touchy area- for me at least. Go with the flow!