My jorney

april 19th i had decided at the last second to stop my car and get something to eat. almost passed the driveway to taco bell. so glad i did or i may have been driving when i had my aneurysm. maybe 4 minutes after stopping. all i remember was seeing a flash of light out of the corner of my right eye, then everything was kind of magnified, and i felt a little nautious. thats it. i have been told by family members that i was conscious almost all the time. i guess i gave my medical staff my sisters phone number, which im suprised i even know. 4 days later i guess one of the doctors told my mother that i was dying. i remember none of this. next thing i remember was about day 7, when i was moving out of ICU at least i dont remember the pain at all, but then i dont remember the wonderful men and women at research hospital in kansas city, who saved me, as well as anyone else who hwlped. since then ive had a blood clot in my left arm from my elbow into my neck, which has now dissolved. and as of yesterday, a clot in my right leg from just above my ankle to just above my knee. yesterday they put a filter in, to catch any clot that could break off and go to the wrong place, please tell me this has to get better. i think i saved all my sickness in life for this one run of bad luck. thanks for the support, glad i found this site. nice to be able to vent. family is great, but they dont really know what its like i guess.

jeff

Again Welcome to Jeff...

Many of us feel the same about those in our 3D world...we learn who understands and who doesn't, but truthfully unless you go through this yourself...it is a hard thing to understand...~ Wishing you better days ahead...~ Colleen

Hello Jeff and welcome !

Your story is truly incredible and all I can say is ...wow. I'd have to say you've had a helluva' run of GOOD luck, right places at the right times? I'll look at Taco Bell in a whole new light from now on ! glad you're here

(oh and did they coil your aneurysm? )

Peace, Janet

GB...welcome...

You were blessed...that you did not miss the driveway... and that you had good first-aid/911 callers and great treatment...and, that you had a filter put in to catch any clot...

You must feel so grand that you did not cause an MVA...I had my first leak/rupture/black-out minutes before getting into my car...have always felt so blessed...I have no memory of the blackout/fracture occurring...I so did on the gorgeous summer day / planned activities as I stepped down a couple of stairs...and, then on waking in the pain...tho so blessed I was not driving in a neighborhood of families/children...

GB....I have been so promoting two books that are listed on the BAF main website...under the "understanding" tab...down to references and the first two listed books...by Dr. Eric Nussbaum and Dr. Robert Spetzler... I have so encouraged those books to share/loan/gift to spouse/partner/ family/friends...to help them understand...my promotion of brain aneurysm...

When you have time, can you let us know if you had open surgery/clip or the coiling or Pipeline?

Prayers for a continued good recovery...

Pat

they put a coil in. sorry that i hadnt responded sooner, im back in the hospital. my right leg developed a large clot. the doctors here are trying to find out from some neurosurgeons how long before they can give me some blood thinners, if ever i guess. my right leg is probably twice the size it normally is. again, thanks to all. anything you can let me in on would sure be appreciated.

Jeff, no I did not know your timing in the hospital... Were you not on blood thinners after the initial clots in your left arm...after the coiling....like Plavix / others?

The clots add to so much confusion...a lot of heparin is put in our systems during the coil procedures...there can/may also be other thinner used... and, some times can/may have protamine admin'd to offset anti-coagulants...Ask your docs all what was admin'd during/ after coil procedure...not a clue on timing on protamine...I have no expertise whatsoever. Prayers for your neurodocs to get a quick answer to the hospital docs...keep us updated...

Pat

hi jeff, we are all different and can;t say what will be but you have to have the faith and keep going.