Multiple annies

I had my surgery on my unruptured annie in 2013, my next scan was booked for 2016. I have managed to get an earlier one which I have in 2 weeks. I experience probably weekly twinges or pains in my head, very short, sharp pains that don't last long. AT what point should I be concerned and rush back to emergency.

My surgeon said as I was clear on my last scan in 2013 it is unlikely I have other annoys present, is this accurate. Has anyone else been clear and then 2 years later had other annies found?

I had an aneurysm clipped in 2012. I have another small aneurysm on my carotid artery that they watch. My surgeon said that I should have an MRA every 3 years at first then every 5 if it doesn't grow. I am so concerned, but he said where the other one is tends to not grow at all or very slowly. I hear your concern about other aneurysms, but it sounds reasonable that you should have one every 5 or so years.

As far as your "twinges or pains" in your head. I have them as well. No one can really explain them after all these years. They come on for no reason, they said maybe stress, or change in weather etc. Always on my surgery side. I admit they are scary and I've gone to the emergency room at least once because of them. It's hard to relax and forget about your surgery and other aneurysms as people will tell you to do. I guess you have to trust your neurosurgeon.

Eileen was your other one found at the same time as clipping or after?

found at the same time. But I didn't know that until my 4 month check up. I was pretty upset they didn't tell me at the same time. They said that it is very small. Well thats something that someone who doesn't have an aneurysm would say. lol. To people with aneurysms it doesn't matter what size. I just look at it like a ticking time bomb.

Also Fiona, My dad a few years back at the age of 85 died of a brain bleed. I had all my kids tested and my brothers as well. No one has an aneurysm. I do think I read somewhere that the statistics show that people who have one aneurysm, have a better chance of getting another one, maybe the statistics are pretty low however. I think my surgeon said that if I didn't have another one, then they would not keep giving me an MRA, that I was done.

Hi Fiona, i experience sharp pains as well, and on top of my head too. Im 12 weeks postop, so im not sure if this is to be expected or not. I’ve been to the ER over it and was told im ok. I just never know when to go or if something is wrong. My doctors say only when i feel its the worst headache of my life, but ive never had headaches in my life until now, and it scares me every time

Fiona,

My 1st ruptured in 1992 and I was on a 2 year then 5 year testing the 2nd was found in 2003 clipped and coiled. When I was having short sharp stabbing pains like a quick lighting bolt i was tested and told I have silent seizures and they also found 2 more annies and I am now being tested yearly. My sister's ruptured and she passed away. My father's ruptured and he has had no problems and it has been 20 years. I guess I should say everyone is different.

Fiona - the BAF has some good information have you tried there?