Multiple aneurysms

Hello everyone, happy you are all here alive and on this website. It is a great resource for comfort, compassion, education, and support. I had an unruptured double annie clipped in July 2014. Surgery and recovery went really well and I was back at work in six weeks. I had no problems until about four or five weeks ago when I started having head pain in the surgery site and on the opposite side, the pain goes into behind my eye and the site is actually tender and I feel the "squishy" feeling I felt after recovery. My exhaustion came back full force. I am seeing a neurologist, they did an MRI and and MRA. I do not yet have the results of the MRA but the MRI showed only the previous clipping and minor changes in the arteries. I was just wondering what are the numbers/percentages of persons who have aneurysms - how many people get more than one? It seems like an awful lot of people on this site have more than one....

Thank you!

Cate

cc44, glad you like the site! There was someone who asked just this questions awhile back. Have you looked through the discussions? Hopefully the MRA can tell you something more. I hate having to wait for results and I only have to wait a few hours. Good luck!

I have heard the chance of a new aneurysm is something like 1% on average. Of course, you need to assess your risk factors as well, such as blood pressure, smoking, etc.

cc, here it is sorry it took me awhile to find it.

http://www.bafsupport.org/group/unruptured-brain-aneurysms/forum/topics/question-on-mulitple-annies?xg_source=activity