Head pain

Had a question? Does anyone know how fast or slow an aneurysm grows? I had a stent placed last year on the right side of my brain. But now I’m having the same head pain on the left side. My Dr. Did a MRA in Jan to check my last aneurysm and said the rest of the head looked good. But I’m worried this pain is coming from another aneurysm…HELP!!!

Hi Tansy...You may want to ask this question to the "ask the Doctor" forum here at BAF ~

I wish I knew how fast they grow too...~ here's hoping we get some good answers...~ Colleen

Hi Tansy !

I know that when I had my 1st aneurysm clipped in 1998, I remember the doctor saying that it (the annie) was growing rapidly , however I had nothing to base 'rapidly' off of as this was the 1st angio i'd had...i do know it felt like it was growing quickly from the intensity of the pain i'd felt as the day wore on and then in the evening the annie grew to the point it snapped my 3rd optic nerve in two--so if you think something is happening that shouldn't be happening, maybe a trip to the ER is in order ? Don't want to freak you out or anything but better safe then the alternative, right? Janet

Tansy...did you call your neuro doc?

Pat

Hi Tansy! im no expert but the mra should have checked the entire skull area-but I agree with Pat and Colleen to ask the experts, tell them your worries and concerns- even the nurse will be able to answer the mra coverage question. And try not to worry too much- I had no pain prior to a SAH rupture.We'll keep you in thoughts and prayers just in case! Let us know. Some Aneurysms do not grow and some have even shrank! Hopefully others will write in~~take care

I had angiogram in November for new baseline images 2 months after my clipping surgery and an MRA in May that showed a new 2mm aneurysm that did not show in the angiogram. So there are different variables that can cause aneurysms to grow. I had some uncontrolled blood pressure that may have caused this to happen earlier this year. My blood pressure was ranging from the 160s to 220s almost every afternoon. My neurosurgeon was very concerned that this was going to happen. You should contact your Neurosurgeon and let him/her know that you are having this pain. Praying for you.

Carol