Momma's Craniotomy #2

Hi All,

I am posting on behalf of my Momma, salvationannie. Yesterday was her second craniotomy to clip 2 aneurysms. Her surgery was scheduled for 7:40 am, and she was taken down to prep at 7:00 am. At 11:40am the neurosurgeon, Dr. Newell, called and informed us that, "Everything went great! They were able to clip both aneurysms. They're closing her up now; she will be finished in an hour and in recovery in for another hour." With such great news, I was again humbled at the faithfulness and grace of Our God.

As Dr. Newell had said, 12:55 pm, an hour later Momma was finished with surgery and transferred to recovery. Although this is where we found out recovery can generally take 1 hour and 30 mins. At 3 pm we were told Momma was available to be seen in her room in the ICU. I assume that she was transferred here at 2:30 pm, and they did all of her initial testing before we arrived. When we first saw her, she acted as if we had been apart for years. Although, she was expressing that she was in a lot of pain in the right side of her head, the side operated on. Last time, during surgery her blood pressure dropped uncomfortably low so they were unable to give her morphine or pain medication. Because her blood pressure is naturally low, I assume this was the case again. The nurse gave her the first dose of morphine and Percocet when we arrived at 3 pm.

When we were about to leave she reached out her arm and made a pouty face, exclaiming, "No! Don't leave, stay! Are you really leaving?" Although it was pitiful, this warmed my heart as she is already expressing and verbalizing so well.

Right now we are at the hospital while Momma is waiting to be taken down for her angiogram. Unfortunately she has been fasting all morning, because it was scheduled earlier; however they never brought her down(maybe overcrowding?). After she has her angiogram and lays flat for 4 hours, she will be transferred to a room in the Neuro Wing.

I am thoroughly amazed at the power and faithfulness of Our King! Through this recovery, I am confident He will continue to clothe my Momma is His love and peace. Thank you all very much for your prayers, encouragements and thoughts! We are all greatly blessed and highly favored by the King of Kings!

-Jessie :)

Thank you so much Jessie!!!! Awesome! we will keep you all in thoughts and prayers! Thank God!!~~

So pleased, delighted for your mother and each of you for her success...it is so warming, rewarding ...

To me in far more than one way...it displays the success of the long-term open surgery...

Please keep us updated...it is delightful...I am sitting here smiling...

Hugs and prayers for you all...

Pat

Jessie,

Thank you so much for the update ! I'm thrilled this 2nd surgery is behind her!

Peace to you as you all get thru it,

Janet

Jessie,

thank you for the update on your Mother, glad to hear she is doing so well and the surgery is now behind her. Sending positive healing energy her way.

Caroline

So glad things went well.

Terri

God Bless Momma...may her healing continue...~ Colleen