Migraine

I have had this migraine for days now. I went to the er the other day cause it made it to pain level 9. They gave me morphine and a few other meds. The Morphine wow what a weird feeling when I was given that. It felt like fire went from my neck out to each and every nerve starting from the middle of my brain to my scalp was on FIRE! That feeling only lasted for a few seconds but OMG! The nurse split up the injection into 2 cause of the feeling I got but man was it worth it. knocked my pain level to a 4. I am so absolutely tired of these headaches and migraines. They gave me Percocet but that doesn't seem to do much just like my fiorecet.... :'( I think if it wasn't for my kids I would throw the towel in....

Oh VJ...donot say that...you have a purpose in Life...we all do...that is why we are survivors. Bless your heart I am glad you went to ER and got some relief...I am one of the odd balls allergic to morphine. Will you follow up with your Neurologist? ~ Thoughts out to you ~ Colleen

At the moment I do not have one. I have tried a few and apparently do not like them (or should I say my hubby doesn't like them.) I guess today is look for another neurologist hopefully close to home.....

I have tried to get into see 1 specific neurologist however cant seem to get past his scheduler. The last one she sent me to was a brain cancer neuro dr and an intern :( So we have given up on this well know hospital. That was the last ones I have seen. They also still disagree that I do not have another annie which my husband and mother have seen and I have seen both in my hospital notes and on cd.

Hi VJ,

Sorry you had this migraine period. Because I research the cause and effect of weather on migraines (my wife being a SAH survivor and a 20 year veteran of weather related migraines post surgery, in fact today was the 20th anniversary of her first migraine almost six months to the day after her ACOM rupture March 8, 1994) so it doesn't surprise me that you would have a migraine given the remnants of the hurricane over your region. As this system passes your pain should get better. God Bless!

Ed

Hi VJ,

You know yourself better then anyone else, and you'd be the one who can nail down weather or not this is a 'normal migraine' verses something other then 'normal'...If you think there's an issue with the docs (and honestly it does sound as though the're giving you the brush-off in the ER) , by all means either find another hospital ER and demand they do something other then just comb over your pain with morphine , like take a scan or make them LOOK at your medical history for instance (I know, its not that easy to do) , but my God, if you and your hubby and mom all saw and are aware there IS another annie to be dealt with, then make certain the ER doctors know about it ! This is your life they're dealing with here, and they're only everyday people who do make mistakes--don't let them make you their biggest mistake in their careers.

Peace, Janet

I have seen my pcp's pa and she prescribed me Topamax. I hope if I get any of the side effects it would be anorexia (just kidding.) I so hope and pray it works.

I am still not feeling so wonderful... I so hope this yucky feeling passes soon.

Hi VJ,

I typed a response about 1 hour ago regarding the Topamax but my Norton Antivirus became corrupt and lost my comments.

The Topamax can cause some unintended side-effects regarding taste. Some and maybe all food will taste different (flat like) and that is why patients lose weight. Just wanted you to know that so that if you and your family have some favorite dishes that you may feel doesn't taste right anymore it's not the food but the Topamax. My wife and I had such a tough time due to that and we tossed out food and beverages thinking something was wrong with them. I couldn't taste the difference but as the old cliché goes "happy Wife, happy Life." By the way my wife, Lori, ramped up to 150mg over the course of Topamax treatment but she decided it wasn't helping her as much as the EEG Neurofeedback she is now getting. I hope the treatment works for you but it is important to know some of the unusual side-effects such as the tingling hands and feet. Be well!

Ed