Headaches and head pain

I have terrible headaches and overall head pain every single day of my life now, which normally keeps me in bed. I realize I had three brain surgeries and have only been out of the hospital since January, but everyday? Is this normal or just how my life is now? I may be a success story if you ask my neurosurgeon, "my scans are pristine". I'm not feeling like much of a success.

Shay....please note the forum of Laura..."Silent Migraine..." of today's date...

What has your neurosurgeon and/or neurologist shared/explained about your headaches?

Prayers for your continued recovery...

Pat

Hello Shay,

I'm so sorry you've been hit with the endless headaches...I take it you were coiled (and/or stented or PED')? That's the thing that many surgeons don't dwell on too often or even mention (the after-headaches)--which seem to be pretty common outcomes related to the hardware deposited in our skulls..Not everyone will get them but many surely do. I'd think your best bet would be to make an appointment with a Neurologist, as their specialty is in treating residual pains associated with Neurological surgeries, amongst other things. Hope you're able to get the help you need, I'm sure this has got to be hell on you. Peace, Janet

Thanks for the replies. Pat, I did read that. I wondered if she suffered from migraines before hand. Xoxo, can't believe you were warned about headaches. My neurosurgeon looked at me like a had three heads when I told him about mine. I will keep bugging them. Problem is the extremely long wait to see a neurologist at University of MD Medical Center. That's where I had my ICU stay and surgeries. That it would be best to go there since that's where the majority of them are in the Baltimore area. And Janet, thanks also. Yes, coil and shunt, right and left respectively. My appointment with a Neurologist is finally here later this week. I hope he can help me out.