Meeting Inspiration and using our tricks

Isn’t it amazing that we come across people who are so inspirational to our own recovery? Yesterday, I was privileged to meet several folks who all have their own stories of surviving, fear and strength. We went to another state to show support for a man who is a very good man.

While I was hospitalized, he called every day to check on my status and to give support to my partner. He is nearing the end of this story as he has inoperable cancer. His church had a service dedicated in part to him.

He had many employees come from his different offices and several people he has done business with for decades. Among the people we sat with were folks who had survived many things. There was cancer survivors, life survivors, etc. one of the ladies I met had even survived a rupture! She had ruptured about six months after me.

I tried to tell her how good I thought she was doing. She shared that she has two boards at work that she has to keep notes on. What I need to tell her is that she is an inspiration to me. She drove by herself several hundred miles. She has no more loss of words than anyone else her age. She has found things to help her, like her notes. Yes she has some residual effects of the rupture. Heck, anyone who ruptures has something different. But folks like her and many of you on this site, are an inspiration to me.

I had to use my noise isolating Bluetooth earplugs and keep my sunglasses on. And I used the bag of tricks my Speech Therapist’s have given me to keep my words. No one tried to give me words when I lost them.

These people and yourselves, have inspired me to continue looking at the positive. To look at everything I can still do. To continue setting reachable goals and striving daily to met them. To stay connected with the life we have and not hide.

So thank you all here for sharing not only your wisdom, struggles and your achievements! Thank you Moderators who continue to work so diligently. Thank you Mr. Levi for all the support you have given us these last five and half years, selfishly you will be missed. Thank you Ms. R and Ms. C for inspiring me and giving me strength and kindness. Thank you Ms. D for showing strength in the support you give your husband. Big hugs to all of you!

1 Like

I’m just curious: Moltroub, what is your position with Ben’s Friends?

I’m just a moderator here on the BA support. As you probably know, I took a lot of time off when my parents required a lot of assistance in their last months and then the family chaos and estates had to be dealt with.

In the beginning, I didn’t often get to vent or remember to thank those sufficiently here that helped me. I’m being a little selfish in allowing myself to vent now. There’s folks like Seenie, TJ and Merl that keep at the moderating business all the time on many sites. And the Interns as well as all the others who keep up with accepting new members and writing up the news. I forgot to tell them thanks. Who would think AD, that so many folks make it possible for us to be here?

You have been an inspiration to me as well! You remind me how important a loving, compassionate, caregiver is to our recovery. I tell mine thank you every time I read one of your posts. Sometimes it looks like we take caregivers for granted, and I don’t think we mean to. Thank you.

Thanks. I appreciate the explanation.

1 Like