Find someone to encourage

Last week I found out a young man { only seventeen} was in neuro intensive care with bleeding in the brain. I received permission from his father to go visit him. He was in the same room and bed I had been in eight months earlier for fifteen days. Well, we really bonded. He told me how he felt God called him to be a minister. Told me his hobbies and such things. I shared with him my experience with aSAH, and how God helped me. We were both encouraged. Im much older than him, but I made a friend that day. I told him, one day, I expect him to be standing in this room encouraging someone else.It was great. Looks like he will make a good recovery. Life is great. Go enjoy

Wow Roy, that is just COOL. I've often thought about doing the same type of thing (going to the hospital where I'd laid in a coma for 6 weeks) to just sort of 'give back' (or attempt to give back) to someone who might be in need of talking to someone about their ordeal, etc., but never got that far. That is just...awesome !

Peace, Janet

Roy...you did a warming, wonderful visit...

Prayers to your continued recoveries..

Ah Roy...I have "tears"...you are a good man...it is so important to "pay it forward" along this journey...~ Thanks for the reminder ~ Colleen

It was a great experience. Im going to do it again

Oh Roy I love this! Love, love, love. I will keep this young man in my prayers.

Wow!! roy thank you for sharing! i was just chatting with carol and we touched on this subject- this is my dream also, maybe volunteer someday- i need to improve in order to give encouragement tho, Happy Easter!