Just diagnosed and very scared

Hi there. I am up and ready! Did he not want to do surgery? I will definately let you know what happened. Wow we are neighbors. Well have to do lunch.

Hi Meleah, just wondering how you made out yesterday. Talk to you soon
Tina

Add me to everyone wondering how you made out. You have a lot of people thinking about you. Hope you can feel the energy.

Thomas , just wanted to say that was a very nice post. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, Sorry getting back to all of you late. I saw the surgeon and I love him! Great bedside manner and so calming. We met, he looked at my scans and my aneurysum is sitting is extra dangerous territory. I will be admitted Monday for an angiogram . They are just gonna make me stay. I will go to my room afterwards. Then Surgery Tuesday morning. I was running around like chicken yesterday with blood work, getting my affairs in order, etc. Mom and aunt are flying in. So its been a little chaotic. I am anxiety ridden but , I know that I am in great hands at that hospital. I am not afraid of brain surgery but I am afraid of having a panic attack. Is that crazy or what! I have anxiety disorder and I am afraid they are going to forget to give me my meds for it. Or they will skip a dose or something. Please say a prayer for me and the doctors hands. Oh, and for my hubby and two sons! If anyone has a suggestions for this surgery. That would also be great. Ciao for now,

So glad that you are getting this taken care of and quickly! I’m also very glad that you feel so comfortable and at ease with your surgeon, that’s such a HUGE load lifted off of your shoulders Meleah. :slight_smile: Yaaaaaay!!! Doing the happy dance!
Don’t worry about your meds for your anxiety, you will be well cared for and I’m sure that they won’t miss a thing when it comes to your care. I’m very happy for you and your family right now!
I will say a prayer for everyone directly involved in your surgery and recovery Meleah. Enjoy your weekend to the fullest girl!! Hugs
Tina

I have been on the receiving end of that energy and it helps a great deal.

Meleah: I am sure you are in great hands. You must remember, our Neurosurgeons do this everyday like I go to work and teach 118 8th graders in English class!!! They won’t forget your meds. I certainly understand your anxiety, but if my Karen can pull through a level 5 ruptured brain aneurysm…God will walk you through this surgery too. We send big hugs from sunny California!!!

Stay strong…Susan and Karen

I have been thinking about you!!! I have met Dr. Charbel and he is wonderful!!! I do believe you are in good hands!!! I will be praying for you and all involved!!! Whenever you get back on your feet please let us know how you are doing!!! I go Monday to see the two docs at Northwestern and then I see Dr. Charbel the Tuesday before Thanksgiving… So hopefully I will have a game plan!!! You are going to be an inspiration for me… Because I am terrified to have surgery!!! Did he say whether he was going to be able to coil it or clip it??? He probably won’t tell you until he gets the angiogram on Monday!!! Thinking of you…can’t wait to meet you in person sometime when we get through this!!!

Thanks Jen, Your right we won’t know about coiling or clipping yet until after the angio. Thanks for all your well wishes and I will keep you updated. Dr. Charbel is awesome.

Were you told it was a brain aneurysm or were you told it was an AVM (articular vascular Malformation)? When I went through my spells of headaches they did a CAT scan on my and that is when they found the AVM and basically if it would have burtst than they call it an aneurysm. If I were you I could get a second opinion. The AVM I head is the largest they have ever seen, I went through so many test and scans, I had shunts placed. That is were they put tiny pieces of metal chips in there to stop the blood from feeding it. Which causes it to grow. I went through 2 years of radiation to make it smaller. I started out at UW Madison, but I gave up on the and went to the Mayo clinic in Minnessotta to have it removed. When they removed it they told my family to expect the worse that I will probably never walk or talk again. Well I proved them wrong, I am doing both very well. When they removed mine it was the size of a grapefruit. Hang in there and don’t let the anxiety get to you either. Go for a second opinion.