Nervous Nelly

Hi,

I am new to this site and recently found out I have a 7.0 x 5.0 mm within the right supraclinoidal ICA close to right ophthalmic artery. It was found incidentally on an unrelated scan. I’m kind of freaking out even though I know I have probably had this for a while. They are trying to get me a neurosurgical consult as soon as possible but I’m told this may take a little while. Any tips on handling the nerves while I’m waiting to learn more?

Again Welcome to BAF ... be sure to talk to your Doctor if your nerves become too much of an issue...and perhaps they can give you something to help take the edge off...also, walking and if you pray...and/or meditate...helps also...the biggest help is "Knowledge is Power"...the more you know, the more you can make the right decision for you...also, if you read stories here ... you will feel better knowing that even a long journey is manageable with the support of knowing others that have been down the road...Cyber~hugs your way ~ Colleen

Hi there,

Like Colleen stated, knowledge is what will empower you and get you where you need to be in making informed decisions -- its all Greek at first, but once you start learning the language and getting a clearer picture of what your options may be, you should feel a bit less frazzled . Not to say that this whole thing is easy--its not, its mind blowing to be hit with this kind of news to be sure, but the more you learn the better off you'll be.

Are you asymptomatic at this point? I know that when I think about my aneurysms in retrospect, that I had vague symptoms that at the time, I just blew off as "normal " (pressure behind my eyeball, blurry vision for a moment or two upon awakening,) . One advantage is , now that you know about the aneurysm, you have time to research and ready yourself for consultation...arm yourself with questions, bring someone with you to the appointment, and if you're not comfortable with the Neurosurgeon you speak with then get another opinion or two. Check out the Facility/hospital and know your options beforehand. Peace to you in your journey, Janet

Thank you Janet. On reflection, I have had some vague symptoms. I noticed that one of my eyelids was more droopy in photos (I was chalking this up to being older). I've had some blurry vision in one eye (also chalked up to being older). I have to go for a CT angio of my neck and brain on Thursday followed by a consult. I am really anxious so I hope they'll give me a little something to chill out! Having online support is so helpful. Thanks for your words of encouragement. Jane