Is it safe to have anaesthetic for operation 3 years after coiled rupture and 2 small unruptured aneurysms?

Hello, Please does anyone know if it is safe to have a general anaesthetic with existing small ( less than 3mm ) unruptured aneurysms. My mum had a rupture of 1 in 2012 which was coiled and they discovered these other 2 which she is now on 2 yearly scans for. She needs a hip replacement and is scared to have the operation because the original rupture occurred a week or so after she had an operation on her wrist so she associates this with the rupture. I would grateful for any advise.

Hi, I had a rib removed for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome 2yrs after my PED & I also still have a small (3mm) unruptured Annie… I had no problems whatsoever with my Op & I was also still on Asprin & plavix while having this Op… Before my clipping for this Annie, I may still have to have another rib removed & gallstones out

Madeleine ... anesthesia, is like drugs, and is like surgeries and and...

The neuro-interventionalist who did my coiling noted on his daily record "? if anesthesia or procedure?"

No answer was displayed...never brought forward... the imaging definitely displays the procedure results...and, not the anesthesia results.

You may want to search online for statistics ... and, ask her doctors the specifics of stats in their unit/dept. and main facility of others securing anesthesia...and IF a Resident anesthesiologist will be doing the procedure.

if it helps my daughter had a rupture which was coiled and a year later she had general anesthetic to stent another anurism a year later without any bad effects from the anesthetic. She has two more active anurisms still. As i said dont know if it helps. I think her surgeon could also know of the risks.

Thank you all for your replies x