How long does recovery takes from a brain anuerysm?

It’s been almost two years since I had my aneurysm.

Kimlin,

What was the method used to repair your aneurysm? a surgical clipping? coils? Ped/Stent? what is your definition of 'recovery', and how do you feel you have yet to recover?

Peace, Janet

Kimlin...welcome...please let us know more about your history...from rupture/non-rupture to minimally invasive coiling and/or stents ... to the long-standing open surgery...

and, more importantly...how you are in your survival and recovery process...

Pat

Hi Pat thanks for the welcome. My anuerysm was ruptured. I needed emergency surgery to repair. They cut the back of my neck to repair the artery. It’s been almost two years and I still have daily challenges with balance also I have nerve damage in both arms. I am blessed to be alive!

yes, you are blessed...hope you can talk w/your docs about therapies which may help in recovery...

I spent 4 long months in the hospital 2months in the hospital that saved my life and 2 months in Toronto Rehab Hospital.I had intense physiotherapy for 2 months. Later on after my discharge I follow up with 6 months of more physiotherapy.

You have been through so much, sounds like you are still healing everyday. Not sure anytime limit...keep taking care of you. Healing thoughts out Colleen

Hi Colleen. Thanks for your healing thoughts. I send love and energy to you. How are you coping with recovery? I am grateful for the love and support of my family and friends. This was a very traumatic experience!

Again, you are, or were, blessed with your follow-up physiotherapy...

I find I take the "good days and the bad days"...a good day I do many things...a bad day...I rest and catchup on book, movie, etc., I have learned acceptance in this journey...but most of all...everyone at this site that touches my life is what helps me everyday...

Oh and like you I had the best supportive husband and friends too...which is big on this journey.

My recovery is still on going. I have good days and not so good days. But I am a survivor. My husband and kids have been my rock! Especially when I was first discharged and came home. I spent four long months in the hospital. I needed emergency surgery for an Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. I was clipped. An artery was clipped in the back of my neck. Thank God for the staff at at Toronto Western Hospital for saving my life. I spent 2 months there and 2 months in Toronto Rehab Hospital which gave me back my mobility, I was taught how to walk again. I am forever grateful to the wonderful staff there

. I came home on a wheelchair, basically an invalid, my family was there to pick up the pieces. And boy did I have a great range of emotions from happy and jovial one moment to bawling my eyes out the next. I followed through with 6 months of physiotherapy and occupational therapy at Centennial Hospital. Next month will be 2 years since SAH. And I am still recovering, this journey is on going. I am blessed for my husband and kids for their patience, also my relatives and friends. “It’s not the destination but the journey that is important.” From wheelchair, to walker to cane and now on my feet with balance issues but on MY FEET!