Hoping for A MIRACLE

Hello, please forgive me if I don’t word things right but I am going through thru a
very hard time, my fiance’ is in a coma, in critical condition right now. 6 days ago we were laughing, sitting in bed watching tv, he suddenly grabbed his head and said “babe my head hurts”, then again, “babe my head hurts really bad”, and fell over, I called 911, they had to recesitate him on way to hospital, he had a brain aneurysm that ruptured, it was too swollen and wouldn’t stop bleeding so they couldn’t do anything til stopped and swelling went down. He’s in a coma on a breathing machine and still 6 days later is still leaking and swollen. He’s not responding anymore, has major brain damage, I’ve read success stories but not as critical as my fiance’s, PLEASE tell me if anyone has been in same situation. I still have HOPE, I believe in MIRACLES.

3 Likes

Libby,

I’m so sorry to hear this. My mother had a rupture and started to have bleeding again during her surgery, but her experience was different than your fiancés. Please know that I am praying for you both and yes, miracles do happen! Keep us updated with how everything is going. Everyone on this site is very supportive and has great advice based on their situation. Please never hesitate to reach out!

1 Like

I can’t tell from your post whether he’s had the surgery. Anyway, my wife had a rupture just over six years ago and was instantly out. She was in CCU after the surgery over two weeks and then in recovery for two more weeks before heading to acute rehab. She showed levels of responsiveness more and more, but actually remembers nothing until in acute rehab for several days–over a month lost. So while I don’t obviously know your loved one’s condition, I would say to continue hoping for the best. And pray. And trust your doctors.