First Post

My sister had a severe brain aneurysm rupture about 6 1/2 weeks ago, she is still in a coma and still on a ventilator. She has went from NICU to Progressive Care and now they want to move her to select care. Has anyone out there been through a similar situation, we have no idea what to expect. Does she still have any chance at a somewhat normal life? She has went 1 night off the ventilator but they had to put her back on the next morning. At times it seems like she is looking right at you, but very little following with her eyes. She will try to draw her feet back if you tickle them. She squeezes your hand, but they tell us that is just spasms. We want to believe she can hear us and knows we are there, but we don't know for sure. Any info anyone can offer us would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Diane

Diane,

Prayers for your sister! I have not had this experience, but wanted to show my support.

God Bless,

karen

Thanks, so many people are praying for her and it is greatly appreciated.

Diane-I haven't had this experience either, but I am praying for your sister and your family. I have read on here of people waking up after as much as two months in a coma, so I guess anything is possible. Miracles do happen, and prayers are heard and do help. So, I'm sorry that's all I can offer you, but please know you and your sister will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Cece

your sister and family are in my prayers

dear Lord,

please help this family, send them a sign on what needs to be done for their sister..they love her very much Lord and do not want to see her suffer and want her to lead a happy n healthy life...we know this is what you want for all your children God...let your will take place in whats in the best interest for this lady God...in Jesus name we pray..Amen

Dear Diane,

Thoughts and prayers for your sister and your family. I too have not experienced that situtation.. I do believe in miracles!!! All I can say is my heart goes out to you all, continue to believe..

Prayers.

Kimberley

Your sister and family have my prayers...! Even though, I haven't gone through this situation...I have seen people here who have had someone in a coma and they did make it through...the brain is a funny thing...it may need the rest ... and no one can answer "normal life" , it is a long journey and one towards a "new normal"...let her know you love her... Cyber~thoughts to all of you ... Colleen

To all of you a big THANK-YOU, we do believe she will get better and we tell her we love her unconditionly. It just drives you crazy not knowing what is to come and when...Diane

i did not have that experience but people do recover at different levels, prayer is powerful.

Diane,

I have not gone through anything like what you are experiencing, and my heart goes out to you. I can tell you though, that through my experience, my sister has been by my side and she has meant the world to me, more than she can ever know.There is a bond that sisters share and I believe your sister knows that you are there, she feels your presence even if she is not able to respond to you. Keep touching her, talking to her and praying for her. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.

Trish

Sue,

Thank you so much for responding, it helps to hear there is hope. We talk to her and tell her how much we love her and want her to get better. A friend of mine told me of a lady who had a rupture a year ago Sept. and this Oct., she was able to come back to bowling. Every little bit of good news is uplifting. I have already lost my Dad and 3 of my brothers, and just can't lose my sister too. Thanks again for the encouraging news. Is a person more likely to have another rupture once they have had one, I never heard of someone having two. I'm so glad you're ok.

Diane

Keep hope alive and dont give up faith. Will keep you and your family in my prayers. God Bless