Groin pain in same area as cather was inserted for repair and diagnostic

An incidental finding changed my life. Last December I had a head MRI for hearing loss on my left ear. ENT wanted to rule out an Acustic Neuroma. It turned out I was an aneurysm on the right side behind and above my right ear. I had an Angiogram in January to pinpoint the exact position, and to determine way to treat it. I had a pipe line inserted to repair the 8mm aneurysm. This was inserted trough the groin same area. I recuperated in 6 months from the memory lapses, and now I am able to multitask at work. The feeling of thoughts literally leaving my head has subsidized.
However, I have a bothersome issue, it is hard to flex my right leg away from my body. It’s hard to support myself to the right leg or go up the smallest steps. Had to had a 2nd angiogram in September, afterwards the pain had extended to my right side lower back.
Has anyone have had this bothersome issue at the groin?

Maggie OConnor

Hello Maggie
I have had my pipeline stent for 1 1/2 years. It has been very hard for me to tell what aches and pains are from the stenting procedure or other health issues. I had very bad headaches and facial paralysis weeks afterward along with groin and back pain after I stand for hours. Doctors said that nerve damage probably happened and it takes a long time for nerves to heal so for my 2 anagrams I had radial access as not to cause more pain or damage and it is getting better slowly. You might want to ask your doctor about radial access it is fast and last time I did it with no sedatives so I left the hospital a lot sooner I would have been able to go back to work after 24 hours but because of Covid 19 I had to self quarantine for 14 days and was able to spend hours a day in my garden with very little groin or back pain. In a few weeks I will need another anagram but due to Covid it might be a nova MRI.

I wish you fast healing I know how much we want to get on with our lives without pain. If you need more anagrams ask about radial access and try to not stand for long periods of time that is when my flairs up.

Good Luck
Christie

1 Like

Welcome Maggsbuck! I’ve had a couple issues with groin area, one was a huge hematoma caused by a Resident. It was sore for months. Just had my fourth procedure, this time with a Neuroform Atlas Stent I believe it’s called…don’t quote me on the name. I can’t squat without my right leg going numb and the left groin area has a sharp pain. I’ve asked the CNP on my portal and just waiting for a reply. She may be on vacation, if I get an answer I will let you know. But please call or contact your team through your portal. There may be a nerve that’s cut or being compressed.

Thank you, I am going to have lower back and groin area MRI on Monday. The pain it’s intense. Thank you for your reply.

An ice pack may help, I’m not sure about heat, so that’s something you can ask the RN or Doctor. Please let us know how the MRI goes…all the best!

Happy New Year to you and yours!
Moltroub

Hello… I’ve had 2 angiograms and an aneurysm repaired on the left side which the surgeon enter my groin area repair. Yes, at times I experience numbness. I exercise, use ice… and try not to wear loose fitting pants…this helps. Happy New Year.

Do you have your MRI results back yet?

Hoping for the best,
Moltroub

No yet, only had one done on Monday, have a second one tonight. Bathe are unable to perform both at the same time due to magnetic exposure to pipe line. I am requesting the disk and report for the sacrum/hip area tonight.

Thanks! I truly hope they can figure it out, and it will be something easily fixed!

Best,
Moltroub