Groin pain after surgery

Almost 3 years after coiling, I still have severe pain in my left groin area. At first I thought it was a groin pull (as I’ve had one in the past). But I can scissor lift my leg, it’s not a groin pull. My family doctor sent me for an ultrasound which found nothing. I’m requesting an MRI the next time I see her. I have severe pain sitting, standing, laying down (sleeping) & walking.
I feel for you!
It’s not enough recovering (trying) from a ruptured brain aneurysm (in my case) but dealing with this is worse (I think!).
I’m also dealing with the ramifications of having slid out of the wheelchair the paramedics put me in in a coma. I’ve got unbearable hip pain & MRI revealed bone growths (from trauma) on my lumbar spine. My entire lower body goes numb. My hands go numb. I’ve got burning pain in my butt, thighs & hips.
I’m frustrated beyond belief that I can’t physically do what I want to do because of my new physical limitations that have more to do with my transport to hospital than having almost died from a ruptured brain aneurysm!!!
Let’s :crossed_fingers:t2:that one of our doctors figures out how to treat the groin pain :heart:

Good Morning Charlene! I’ve moved your post to a new topic as the one you replied to was a bit over ten years old! If you want to give this a new title please feel free to change it.

I’ve had a couple issues with angiogram plugs. I’ve had so many, I could tell when they used a different type😂. The first one that gave me troubles was when the Resident didn’t put enough pressure on it and I had bleed all over their brand new table. The second was a bit more troublesome and it may have been due to the scar tissue or the device itself. But it hurt for a few years. It can still cause pain if I’m doing much walking on steeper terrain or going up and down stairs a lot. My Neurosurgeon said they have moved on to another type on my last procedure and it seemed to have taken care of most of the pain. I hope you find an answer! Please let us know if the MRI is able to figure it out.

1 Like

So sorry for your aches and pains! I only had my coil surgery/aneurysm repair 2 months ago. I get an occasional twinge where the incision was made but nothing more. I hope you find out what the problem is. Scar tissue maybe?
Peggy

1 Like

It has been 3 years of my repair, and I still have the groin pain on my right side. I had 3 angiograms in 9 months, I blame them for this pain. It’s feels like a pinch nerve. Going to start PT on the 29, perhaps this will help healing it, and goes away. Can’t ride bikes or do plies, It does hurt. I understand you!

1 Like

I finally have an answer as to why I have such severe groin pain.
My family doctor sent me for a CT scan on my left hip (it was a much quicker wait time than for an MRI).
The CT scan showed an iliopsoas synovial cyst.
I’ve also had ultrasounds done on my hands which revealed ganglion cysts & carpal tunnel on my right hand.
Once again, I am now waiting for referrals to London’s University Hospital regarding surgeries.
Both injuries can be attributed to my sustained attempts at trying to escape my ankle & wrist restraints while in ICU observation. :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed: I was restrained as I was (apparently) attempting to pull out the exterior ventricular drain from my brain.
They saved my life.
I’m at least happy that I have answers & that there is a surgical remedy for both groin pain & my painful “claw” hand.

I think it’s great you’ve got explanations for what was causing the groin pain. Thanks very much for letting us know!

I developed carpal tunnel way back in the early ‘80’s when I worked in the molding section of a lumber company in Northern California. It was caused by the repetitive motion of patching and flipping board lumber, ten hours a day, six days a week. I was the only one who elected for PT rather than surgery. It was one of the best decisions I made.