Angiogram issue

Hello all. This is my first post. I was diagnosed with an aneurysm in January. It’s been a scary rocky road but I feel like I have a plan now. I just had my angiogram yesterday that confirmed the aneurysm and I meet with the neurosurgeon on Tuesday to plan the surgery. My question to all of you is this. Everything went well with the angio yesterday. However last night I bent over to pick up a piece of paper and felt a pop in my groin and got sharp pain. I was in pain all night and am currently still in pain and can barely move. I had my husband take off the bandage and check the incision. You can barely even see it and there is no bleeding and no redness and no swelling. I’m tjinking maybe I pulled the groin muscle when I bent over last night. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions? I was planning to go back to work today but that is not happening. I’m laying here with an ice pack on my groin. Thanks for listening.
Lavina Payne

May be call the place where you did angiogram ? There can be complications , it’s listed in the paper you signed … please read it might be the phone number there printed in case the patient feels something wrong or have questions

It’s also can be everything all right , I remember had pain right after and the whole first night , but to be safe I would call the medical center ,

I had an angiogram recently that used a plug (they gave me a paper afterward with instructions about what it was and what to do) and I had very minimal discomfort. I could hardly even tell where they did the procedure. I would definitely call and let them reassure you rather than worry. Hope all is well!

I got the angio plug too and you can hardly see where it is at all. I think I pulled my groin muscle when I bent over. Hoping to feel better by tomorrow. Thanks.
Lavina

Vina1234, call the hospital where you had your procedure and run it by the on call doctor. They won’t mind. I’ve had 3 or 4 different types of closure devices used. The different types actually feel different to me.

1 Like

Ya I went back to the hospital yesterday. They did a ct scan. Everything was fine. They said the muscle was prob just swollen and pushing on a nerve causing the pain. Thanks.
Lavina

2 Likes

I’m so glad, honestly was a bit concerned. Take it easy and they’re serious about the weight limit.