General

Thank everyone for your welcome to this site. I was wondering regarding anyone who had PED if it was done under sedation or general anesthesia???

I didn't have the PED - I had coiling/stent, but I was put under general anesthesia. If you look under groups, there is a group for the pipeline (I think they call it) and you can also ask there.

Good luck,

Sherri

thank you Sherri, I hope you're doing well <3

Hi Shirley-I had the PED surgery in November 2011 and it was done under general anesthesia. Under the Groups tab there is a PED group where you will find others who have had this procedure and may be able to find out more information. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me! Welcome to the site and good luck on your journey!

Cece

Hi Shirley, I had the PED in Italy on January,2010.
The standard routine is to’ have the PED under general anestesia.
If you lice to get more info on the PED reach our group Pipeline Embolization devIce, in the Group area.
Giovanni

Thanks for the feedback!!! I so glad i found this site <3

Hi Shirley and welcome to BAF,

As others have informed you, we have a Group that has tons of info regarding the PED and all of our experiences with it. I had my PED on June 8, 2011, just a little over a month after it was approved by the FDA for use in the US. It has been used for quite a while outside of the US and Giovanni is our resident outside of the states, in Italy. You will find lots of info for your sister. Please let her know that she can read everything we have posted and ask any questions which she can think of and anyone in the Group will respond as best they can.

I will keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers and welcome to BAF

Linda