Flare up of symptoms after recovery

7 months ago I had a bunch of coils put in for an aneurysm that hadn’t ruptured but was close. Even though the surgery was “brutal” according to my surgeon, it was successful and I recovered well. At the 6 month mark, I felt 100%. The only issue remaining was numbness in my leg and toes from the angiogram. But even that had started to improve.

And then a few days ago I started to feel bad again - physically really tired, switching my words, and forgetting things. Last night I left work with my computer bag but not my computer. The bag was completely empty and I never realized it. The numbness in my leg is back and has moved up my calf.

Halfway through today I started to feel better but then started slipping again at dinner. Has everyone experienced this? I am typically very chill about my health and am okay to just work through this if that’s what it takes. But this has me a little uneasy.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Sometimes I get set backs as I call them from being too tired or stressed. I’d definitely be calling my Neurosurgeon’s triage RN and running it by them, don’t think I’d email her NP. Let us know what they say.

1 Like