First year anniversary of my sah

One year ago I was in the hospital. Doctors told my wife I had a 50/50 chance of survival. And even if I survived, I would have moderate to severe physical issues. Well, since then. I have returned to work. Im active in my church. Our family gatherings and functions are doing great. I still have a few physical issues, but they are mild compared to many. This morning my wife just hugged and loved on me, telling me how thankful and blessed she is to still have me here. Althogether, I feel extremely blessed and thankful for this life I now enjoy. I would never want to go through the pain and depression again. Would never want to go through the period of finding my "new normal". But after one year, I can say LIFE IS GOOD.

Hi Roy, Happy Annieversary, I am so glad that you’re are doing alright, alright alright! You have come a long way, with God’s Grace, you’re truly blessed. Yes, you still have a few health issues, but compared to others. You have nothing to complained about. With the love, and support of your wife,and family you’re living, your"new normal" with a zest for life. After that horrendous trauma. Yes, Life is Good, you deseved it ! Keep the Faith.

Life is Good Roy...Happy Annie ~ Versary ...! Celebrate and Enjoy...~ Colleen

It's good to celebrate that anniversary. My wife's aneurysm occurred on my birthday and plunged us instantly into the craziest time of our lives (detailed in the book "Mercy for Me"). We are now heading toward her third anniversary of this new life (we do celebrate it on my birthday as well), and it is very good. God has taught us important lessons through this, but we, too, would never want a repeat, nor would we wish it on anyone else.

Hi Roy, I’m coming up on my third year anniversary myself and I was given seemingly the same odds of survival. I was 22 going on 23 when it happened and having recovered from the aneurysm I would never wish it on anyone. I commend you for continuing to live your life, I’m getting my life back as well. The three year anniversary of the aneurysm rupturing is coming up and I’m still trying to figure out if I should do anything or just keep my day going as usual. I mean how do you celebrate the day you almost died? I remember reading that in a book and it really stuck, as for your post I am happy to hear about your great recovery thus far, take care and happy anniversary.

Happy happy anniversary!! I just passed the ten year mark. I am back at work full time and parenting full time, too. A long, long road - but led me great places.

Happy first!!Amen! you are doing well!- I missed my first, completely slipped my mind- yr one was sketchy at best-lol Count your blessings, so happy you came thru it so good! tc c-u soon ps- my mortgage banker told me I was permanently disabled as per the drs report he read me - I was in shock for days but thankful I can walk a little and tend to showers etc etc

I see it as the day you continued living!

So amazing!! I am not a survivor but my daughter is one year ago in June. We were in the same place. She is so lucky to be here and she would say the same about the "new norm" but I have to say life is good and so is God!!

Happy Anniversary, Roy!! All the best always...so grateful myself to be here to send you good wishes.

Happy Anniversary! And Happy Birthday too…I had my 1 year in May and sometimes I feel like such a baby in the experience, hence the reason I wished you happy birthday too… things are still ever changing for me but I notice as long as I keep routine, I have more good brain days than bad. We must all be thankful to celebrate the years were here, instead of worrying what could have been if we weren’t…Stay blessed!

Happy Anniversary. Glad you are doing so well. Life is good. We survived!

Hi Roy, Happy Anniversary of your miracle! Thru God’s grace we are all here chatting to each other and congratulating you. God is good and its apparant there are plans for all of us in this life yet.
Have a great day today Roy!

Hi Roy! My rupture happened one day after my 43rd birthday! It's been 10 years for me! Halalujah~

So happy celebrating to you~

Happy Anniversary! Stay healthy, positive and grateful!!! Many blessings!

Happy anniversary! I’m four years out & continue to struggle emotionally & some times physically. Don’t have the endurance I did before my rupture & month in the ICU. Each day we get a little stronger & wiser. Each hug from my kids & husband is sweeter. Enjoy every day. Much love.

Deb, its been ten years for me too. Barb

So happy for you, Roy!!! :)

Amen!!

Just past ten years for me, too, Debra. I was 37 - crazy world we were dropped into. Congratulations.