Driving myself crazy!

I am waiting for a few weeks to finally see the neurosurgeon for the first time. I am driving myself nuts thinking this thing will burst in the meantime. I have myself afraid to sneeze. The MRI said it’s only 2mm but I have read lots of times that the angiogram shows it to be bigger… Or leaking!!! What if mine is actually larger or is leaking in my head??? See what I mean? How will I make it 3 weeks to get a little peace of mind? Please help!

Hi Bee,

I remember going through extreme anxiety prior to my clipping. I had a waiting of 6 weeks or so and saw my Physician for an anxiety drug. The med helped and so did my positive, miracle based praying. My emotions went from sheer panic to depression then finally to, "I'm ready to roll" for the clipping surgery.

It really helped for me to focus on getting the house, teenager, caregivers ready before the surgery. Ideas for later if you get scheduled for a treatment. I think sneezing is a okay. I know that any rupture has a low percentage. You would absolutely have severe symptoms from a rupture, as I have read here on BAF.

Please continue to vent, share and ask any concerns at any time. This site has been so outstanding and supportive for me.

Blessings,

Sal

Call your Doctor and get something to help for your anxiety until you see the surgeon...You will know if your's is leaking...You will have a headache that makes you want to smash your head through a wall...and all kinds of other symptoms...

I have a 2mm in my eye for 3 years...infact, they feel it has been there even longer...and I have no symptoms and/or problems...really this can be along journey...and it is time to learn to relax...my Doctor told my chance of that 2mm rupturing is less then me getting hit by a car...stressing yourself out will not help you physically...Bless your Heart...I am sending out some positive thoughts your way ~ Colleen

Hey Bee..

Like Sal and Colleen said, ask your doctor or clinician for an anti-anxiety medication. Xanax, Ativan, Valium, those are all anti-anxiety medications and just a little could help a lot right now. I know its been helpful in my aneurysm trial and tribulations--Glad to know you've been gathering up information, but don't let all this info drive you mad ! Its easier said then done, but try to relax a bit. Take care, Janet

Welcome Bee:

So sorry you're going through this. Many of us have been where you are right now. Maybe try meditating?

I had an immediate appointment for my annie because they thought it was leaking. I waited so long (15 days) to go to the doctor that no evidence was found. I have 2 or 3 annie's, all 3mm or less in size. Doctors aren't at all concerned about them because of their size. It took me about 6 months to get over being upset about it all the time but now I rarely even think about them. Small ones are much less likely to rupture. I would probably have a better chance of getting struck by lightening!

I hope you get the same news and you can, over time, get to the point where you rarely think about it. And don't hesitate to get a 2nd opinion if the first doc says watch and wait. It helped set my mind at ease. Best wishes to you and hope you can relax some before your appointment.

Hi Bee - You will make it 3 weeks because you have to...You will find what works for you, be it medication, meditation, venting here, or talking to the Lord - you will find something as time goes on because you will get tired of worrying all the time about something that you have no control over. Took me a long time to realize that whether I worry or not, I can't change a thing about my aneurysm, so I got back to living my life instead of living in terror. I pray that you will find what works for you and please know we are here for you. Lots of survivors here, so please know you are not alone.

Take Care,

Mary

I can know how difficult this must be for you not knowing. I too was fearful of everything, especially when I was in a vehicle. There is no peace of mind, you have to do your best to stay distracted. Good humor is the health of the soul, sadness is its poison.

Perhaps I am stronger than I think. - Thomas Merton at BrainyQuote http://po.st/dE0gUz via @BrainyQuote

JEN

I was not concerned at all when I first learned that I had 2 aneurysms, I just wanted them taken care of so I could get on with life. The waiting for all the tests and the clipping surgery was the hardest as I am a very impatient person and want everything now. I felt confident in my Doctors/Surgeon which I feel really helps ease the anxiety. I also had the attitude that me worrying or stressing myself out was not going to help at all.

My surgery went well and I recovered way ahead of the schedule that my surgeon had set for me, again positive attitude helped a lot. My anxiety set in when I heard that something was found on my 1 year MRI/MRA and had to have another angiogram (which I had last Wed., still waiting on results). I was really more angry than anything as I had thought this was all behind me. Had to wait to 6 weeks for my angio appt which was the hardest thing.

Think positively, know that stress is not doing you any good. Try to meditate and think positive thoughts. Think of how lucky those of are that our aneurysms were found before rupture.

Sending positive energy your way.

Thanks very much Sal, I appreciate your kind words. I might look into some sort of anti anxiety medication. Take care, thanks again
Michelle

Thanks Colleen, I have an appointment next week to see my family doctor, I plan to ask for an anti anxiety med. thanks very much
Michelle

Thanks Janet. I have always been nervous of medication in general, but I think you and others here are right, I will look into it this week. Thanks
Michelle

Thanks Mitch, I aspire to get to the point of bit thinking about it… It’s all so fresh it’s all I can think about. Hopefully I will get good news from my neurosurgeon. I have tried meditation before with no success… Maybe it’s something I can work at. Thanks
Michelle

Thanks Mary, you are so right when you say worrying won’t change anything, I know I need to remind myself that. My mom always said worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but doesn’t get you anywhere… :wink:

Thanks Jennifer,
It’s such a crappy position to be in, I try to distract myself but my mind always wanders back. I think as time passes the shock will wear off a bit and I will accept it. I am also looking into medication for the bad days… Thanks
Michelle

Thank you Caroline, I am sorry to hear you are going through this… Just when you thought it was all over. I hope it’s nothing, or a simple fix. Thanks for your kind words, my thoughts are with you