Dr gave me a copy of the CD with the images pre and post coiling

Today I looked at the CD that my Dr gave me. It had images of the pre and post embolization. Both my husband and I looked at it for some length of time in awe. It is amazing!!! Each one of us are so blessed to have modern technology that has saved our lives. I appreciated my Surgeons before but after looking at these images and the details of it all I am in awe and appreciate their talent and their devotion to saving my life even more!! I can now see and understand why it took them 5 hours to do the procedure!

Lynette that is amazing...you have been blessed...

The old saying..."a picture is worth a thousand words; and, yet one picture will not tell the full story" is more than real with angios.

Did your five hours include the diagnostic angio before the coiling was begun? Did you have any stents implanted?

Happy Easter and prayers for continued recovery and no symptoms returning...

Yes, my dr did the angio first and treated the same day. I did not need a stent. My Annie was a small one and they told me before I went in that smaller annies take longer and are harder to do with a higher risk than larger annies. They told my husband 3 to 4 hrs but don’t get concerned if it takes longer. After reading other stories on here I see that it is rare to treat small ones. I am just grateful that I had a dr who advised me and was willing to treat my small Annie. I do feel blessed.

Yes, Lynette...I got quite horrified about patients who were being monitored to 7mm... my natural rupture was @6mm... my impression is that the larger they grow, so does the profit...

My personal opinion is that you were blessed to have a caring neuro...one who explained the reason for more time with a smaller aneurysm...just imagine the tiny plastic bag for a small piece of jewelry jewelry and compare it to a sandwich bag...

You were blessed...