Follow-up question

Thanks to all who answered my question regarding angiograms post-coiling and post-surgery. I meant to also ask how long your angiogram procedure actually took, that is, was it longer than an hour, less, more? That would be helpful for me to know as mine first was an hour and a half and that seemed quite lengthy! And unpleasant, of course. Still, and always, in gratitude. Judi

Mine was longer, couple hours. But apparently I’m all squiggly inside my brain.

Mine was a little over an hour. Good Luck!

I think since we are sedated during this procedure that time may be subjective to each one of us. The more anxiety you go into it with the longer it "seems" to take. As I went on my 4th or 5th one, I became much more comfortable with the procedure and they seemed to go faster. But I would guess they all took about 2 hours from the time I was wheeled into the angio room to the time I was wheeled out. I would not read too much into how long the procedure took. It does not correlate is any way to what may or may to have been found. Best of luck . . .

Post coil it was around an hour. I’m in the UK I was not sedated I felt relaxed. I think it depends on the position of your coils which in turn can make the procedure longer/shorter.
My coils are on the front left side and I have about 20 coils…
It was nice to know that all was we with how they are and that I don’t need to go back for any more checks :slight_smile:

I wasn’t sedated neither. Kinda of funny neurosurgeon was dancing to pretty fly for a white guy…lol. mine was over in 40 mins. Then recover for 40 mins. Home afterward. Goodluck!

I think that is about the time it took for my wife's. She had one at six months after which they did a bit more coiling, so she had to stay in CCU overnight. But at eighteen months they said the repair appeared to be perfect, so they released her right after.

I had only one angiogram after they found my annie with MRI. They gave me something that got me really relaxed, but not sleepy. My neuro-radiologist was really nice and we talked about all kinds of things while he performed the tests with ink. It might have taken hour and half, but it was not so bad. I think the worst part of it was laying down for hours with a sand bag over the hole in the artery in my groin and then not being able to exercise until week later.

My annie was coiled after the angiogram and since then, I am only going in for MRI's.

Judi, I hate to be naïve, but unpleasant how? Painful?

Were you sedated in any way?

Thank you,

Jackie JJ

Hey this is old! I’m closing it. Feel free to start another post.