Diagnostic angiogram prior to coiling and coiling material advice

I have a basilar tip annie about 11 mm with a wide neck. It has been diagnosed through a CT scan and an MRI, which showed about the same thing.

I consulted two doctors, both at outstanding research hospitals about treatment. They both recommended coiling with stents. I have two questions about this.

One doctor wants to do an angiogram ahead of time, on a different day, I guess to get a lay of the land. Because of the distance I live and having to have someone with me to take me home after (says I won’t be able to drive), this is difficult to arrange. The other doctor says he can roll the diagnostic angiogram into the procedure. I’ve had various opinions about which is best. I want to do it the easy way, (all in one day) but don’t want to sacrifice safety or anything. Anyone experienced it either way?

My second question has to do with the procedure itself. I have read that hydrogel coils are better at filling the space in the annie, are less likely to cause rupture when being placed, and less likely to require repeat placement due to settling of the coils in the annie. But I can’t seem to find anyone who uses them. Anyone know why? Is it a matter of cost? They are apparently widely used in Europe.

If the surgeon is highly rated and highly skilled I see no downside to doing it all at once. I live near enough to the hospital so it was not a difficulty for me to have the angiogram one day and then wait for the surgery, but I would have welcomed one procedure instead of two, especially considering there are so many follow up angiograms with coiling.

As to the hydrogel coils they were not discussed.