Depression?

Tina...I am really happy to hear back from you...

Thanks for noting you have full fatigue days and the other portion times...think thee are a number of us...

If I remember...you were starting a new program/facility...(name blank) I hope you will make your home record of your symptoms/feelings, etc...note your changes that you sense/feel/recognize...and, the time frame of those... gosh, is that a diary? Your dear hubby may be a tremendous help in noticing changes and describing what /how he observes things...

Hugs and prayers...

Well here I am 6 months post op for my clipping. I'm still depressed, (most of the time) the meds aren't working. Thankfully I see my family Dr tomorrow to discuss this. I still have speech issues, short term memory issues and I'm still quick to anger. I just don't know if this is ever going to get better. I'm on waiting lists for support. Everything just moves so slowly but hopefully, I'll see results soon. I still have days where I feel just yuck. I still have days that I'm tired out and in order to feel half decent I have to just rest and take it easy. I never know when one of these days are going to hit. I'm beginning to think that even though yes I have progressed, which I'm so grateful for, I'm not getting past some areas like mentioned above. Please tell me you guys that this is normal????

Love and hugs,

Tina

Here is a typical day for me…I just posted I see my Dr tomorrow. I looked in my book that I was told to keep by one of my support team people because I was missing appts etc. Sure enough, my appt with my family Dr is today NOT tomorrow. Thankfully I checked it just after getting off the computer! lol

I read your post, here's my typical day . Most of the time I feel , I don't know how to say this as anything but"flat ". I 'm back to work full time, I work in a hospital and the first part of my shift I have to do my job ,and be attentive patients and nurses needs . Most of the time I feel like I have little birds flying in a circle above my head . The second half of my shift I'm alone. I'm able to do my job without interruption ,which I'm soo thankful . I'm lucky I work where brain injury and its effect is understood . At home I have a husband ,son and grand daughter. I don't care if the rug gets vacuumed , grass mowed or anything else . I get overwhelmed daily. This is also my second try with anti-depressants. All of this , and I don't feel too bad . Why ..... because as it,s been explained to me , it will get better ,slowly, probably when your not even paying attention. Our bodies have been put through the most traumatic events ,and they protect you. My doctors tell me its like post traumatic stress , don't push , so I don't . Please pamper yourself ,take care of you, I am, even when I feel like the wicked witch of the west.(Believe me my family knows her personally ). My life changed Nov.2010, That I'm still alive I'm told is a miracle . So I take each day with thanks , even if it's the most crappy one ever I try to think of the what ifs. I know it gets better, not fast enough for me ,but when I look back to where I was, where I am now is ok. not great mind you but I'll take it . So I'm sending much love to your former self , and a great big hug and a load of patience to the new you .

Joan

hi, as we all learn this is a emotional rollercoaster, i cried when i came home from the hospital because i dint realize what was going on and i cried during the day, it will stop. The brain had a injury and needs to heal, but how are you doing today?

Hi Tina: I’ve been through nothing like you and most on this site so I know I’ve no place to complain. But, after donating a kidney to my brother (the best experience of my life but a slow recovery), then my best friend (my beloved dog) died, then I found out about this annie, then my knee blew out, then my mom got sick and died and I’m trying to help my dad who has Alzheimers and is still living alone, then my husband got transferred and moved away, to top it all off, I started having menopause symptoms! So, I’ve had a little stress just different and nothing near the level as you all. However, it did cause me to start suffering with depression. I have some of the same symptoms as you, don’t know if it’s the menopause or depression or both! I am trying anti-depressants for the first time ever and I think they’re helping me at least get through the day and work but wow, it’s been a rough haul. I sure hope your doc can help you…and know that you are not alone. We’re here for you. Take care and I wish you peace and healing. Mitch