Annieversary

Well today is the 2nd year annieversary of my rupture. I have come a long way since this date in 2021. I still have problems with short term memory, speech, and my executive functions. I am happy to be alive and enjoying life to the fullest when I can. All I can say is if I didn’t advocate for myself, I wouldn’t be here. I encourage all that are on this support chat to keep talking and to keep telling your story so we can get the rehab plan and programs for everyone who needs the resources. We are all miracles! Love you all!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

9 Likes

You made it to the two year mark, yay you! It’s a huge hurdle and one that definitely ends to be celebrated! Happy dancing down here in NC just for you! Can you tell I’m excited? :joy:. Big hugs for overcoming a huge milestone!

2 Likes

Congrats on your 2-year anniversary :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: !! Thank you for the reminder to advocate for yourself. Happy Holidays, and carry on :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks @Moltroub! I am here and trying to live day by day to the fullest amidst the side effects of the rupture. Sometimes i am on and sometimes not but I strive forward and try not to look behind. I just have to watch my blood pressure. I am on meds, but it seems they may have to change that. Onward and upwards I say!

2 Likes

Happy Holidays to all!! :kissing_heart: :evergreen_tree: :santa:

1 Like

Hey Suszanne,
Congratulations on the 2yr anniversary.

And that is often the way it goes. I’ve often said “Some days I could leap a tall building in a single bound. But then some days I’m lucky to even crawl out of bed.” I’ve had to learn to roll with the punches and deal with whatever today throws at me.

And that is the only way to manage it all. Initially, it was like walking on egg shells. Just waiting for the next thing to break. But over time I have learnt which signs are ‘normal’ (as if ANY of it is normal) and which signs are an “ACT NOW!!!”

As for your BP meds, there’s a heap of variations of such meds and it can be a real case of trial and error to work out what works best for you. My ticker ticks to it’s own beat sometimes, irregular heartbeat they called it. They gave me meds that made little difference, then they gave others and OMG, each beat was pounding. Seems I needed something in-between. Once they had the right medication, then I had to work out the right dose for me. It took me a while to get it all keyed in OK.

Merl from the Modsupport Team

1 Like

Happy and safe Holidays to you!

It reminded me of the few times I fell off a horse and my Dad would tell me to brush the dirt off my jeans and get back on it. One time one of our three year olds was ready for me to ride him for the first time. He didn’t much like my weight going all the way up and he jumped. Dad had him on halter and lead and I guess he wasn’t ready either. I ended up behind the saddle and not on it. I put a death grip on around the horn and the cantle. Unfortunately, I tightened my legs whilst trying to pull myself on to the saddle. He started bucking and flat on my back I went. The fall was pretty hard and I told him as I was laying there I needed a minute to catch my breath.:rofl:. Recovery from a rupture is pretty much the same, sometimes we need a minute to catch our breath before we dust off our jeans and get back on…

2 Likes

So we all should brush off our jeans and get back on the proverbial horse!

1 Like

:rofl:yes ma’am, it’s worked for me although some days I need to catch my breath as that dang horse is more like a mule, too tall for my legs​:rofl:

1 Like