Angiogram Anxiety

I was just wondering if anyone else has felt anxious before an angiogram? I dread these tests...is that normal or am I being dramatic? I find I have trouble speaking when they are done and walking is painful. I almost feel like I have starting my rehab all over again each time they do one.

thoughts?

Hi Penny...That's me...I had my coiling on November 30th 2010, and my first angio checkup is on June 14th...I am very nervous and anxious...I am afraid of the angiogram...because of them going up the artery...I had so many bleed outs when I was coiled in the artery and my esophagus...that I fear this...not to mention...until they tell me all is good with my coils I donot think I will feel comfortable...Life goes on everyday until the day I go for angio...but it is always in the back of my head...(hahaha...no pun intended)...

You are not alone with your feelings Penny...

Good thoughts coming your way...Colleen

Hi Penny-

I had my first follow up angio 4 weeks ago and was extremely anxious beforehand - anxiety meds the night before and morning of the angio helped, but I was very scared.

BUT - my results were great, and the procedure was way better than I feared. I woke without difficulty (I fight anesthesia usually) and felt pretty good pretty quickly, and left the hosp a few hours after.

You will be fine! I know it's scary tho. When is your test?

Next Friday, at 8am.

No, I did not have sufficient cognition for concerns of angios for years...I shock myself coming across my notes on my reactions for which I have no, to limited, memory...can barely read my own writing... Since 2008, 2009 and 2010 I have declined recommended angios...I have limited confidence in medical management... but that is simply my personal opinion...

You are truly blessed to be able to remember the reactions you have gone thru...you have memory... for which some of us have not...or naught...

You are in my prayers for whatever your decisions...and the results...

Ohhh, Colleen...thanks for generating humor...likely your pun is presumably not such a pun...

I am still looking for the pilot of the angiocraft...who presumably can take-off and likely land in the right arterial tracts...

Pat