8 day update!

Today is Thanksgiving and 8 days ago since my surgery…I was in à hospital almost 2 hours from my house. Today I was taken by ambulance to the hispital close to my house, 10 minutes away…I have had my share of problems plus since surgery but for the most part I think they are normal…Have been running low blood pressure…high blood sugar, double vision out of one eye and the occasional pulsating headache… I hope to be released home tomorrow. I don’t know how long the hispital stay is in the states after having an aneurysm clipped but here in Sweden it’s 6 - 10 days…I have been in a total of 10 days today…If anyone has an upcoming clipping date and I can help with questions, please feel free to ask away…Happy Thanksgiving All…Your all in My thoughts and prayers!!!

Hi Kimberley-
I have been following your story and waiting to hear how you are doing!:slight_smile: I am having the clip surgery tomorrow morning for a 3mm anuersym, and it’s really encouraging to hear from others who have been through it. I am so happy for you that you are doing well. You seem in great spirits! Did you feel a lot of pain after the surgery? My family will be there when I wake up, but I am guessing I will be very sleepy? My surgeon said my hospital stay will be 3-5 days, with 1 day being in intensive care. I pray you continue to heal and that you will get to go home!
If you can think of anything to share with me that I might not expect, I would love to hear it!
God bless -
Becky

How are you doing??? Did you have low blood pressure and blood sugar problems before surgery??? I am worried about the double vision too!!! This is all so terrifying… I hope you are getting better!!!

How are you doing??? Did you have low blood pressure and blood sugar problems before surgery??? I am worried about the double vision too!!! This is all so terrifying… I hope you are getting better!!!

Hi Becky,
I had à 6.25 mm aneurysm clipped. I don’t remember much except I was scared. Everything they tell me went great. When you wake take it slow. Try to get your stomach moving. Nothing worse then constioation on top of all this!
You will be very sleepy and double vision does not happen to everyone! Pain is kept under-control so no worries there! Hood Luck, Your in My thoughts & prayers…:slight_smile:

Hi Jennifer,
i have always had lower pressure. The blood sugar they say is due to massive amounts of cortizone but also will be normal again soon! Double vision might not happen. It did not for My room-mate…:)…have faith and strenghth…:slight_smile:

Came home today!!!..am not allowed to drive till I pass en eye exam in 6 weeks. Feeling very tired but very much glad to be home…I had surgery on my head and due to the fact that the hospital beds suck my butt is hurting more then my head…LOL

I had to chuckle aloud when I read your comment about the hospital beds. When the doc came to see me day 7, He said how is your head, I said fine. He then jokingly said how are your bed sores! I was like yeah thats about how I feel. '-)