7 weeks after coiling

My husband suddenly collapsed at work. We had no warning signs. He had the coil and has no bone flap on his right side. He is walking with a quad cane short distances. Short term memory loss. Just am so overwelmed at the big change in him.

I just had coiling on unruptured aneurysm on July11th and recovery is hard but I am doing well. My husband tells me every day it takes time. Which I am sick of hearing though I know it's true.

Take one day at a time, it is going to be a long road. I will add you and your husband to my prayer list.

Hugs, Deanna

Thanks Deanna…We are also just taking it one day at a time. I know how frustrating it is. Blessings to you and your husband.

Kristine,

The sudden collapse seems to indicate that he had a ruptured aneurysm. You indicate that he has no bone flap on his right side and that seems to indicate that a crainotomy surgery was done. Is it possible that clipping was done?

It is very encouraging that he is up walking around. Short term memory loss is usually typical for a rupture and you will notice some behaviorial changes. It sounds like he was in good health otherwise and this should bode well for him to make a good recovery. Be patient though, he will need time to get his bearings again. Good luck and God Bless!

Ed you are correct. Ruptured aneurysm but he had coil instead of clipping. He is in excellent shape. Did some powerlifting about 5 years ago. Stopped competing due to sholder injury. His job is also very physically demanding. He did have a crainotomy also. I am hoping his confusion and memory is just due to the swelling he still has. Very hard Docs can’t give any answer as to if he will fully recover! That is the hardest part, just always waiting!

Sorry it’s taken so long to reply Jo. Thank you for your support. My husband is the one who is always willing to do more in therapy. He is anxious to get better. He’s such a fighter. Then he is exhausted for 2 days after. Wish I could have more of his drive. But for now I take it one day at a time.