6- weeks Post Op.....I am losing it

I had my 2-annies removed April 25th 2013. I actually felt better 2-weeks ago. Now all I FEEL is Anger/Rage. I get so confused, lose things, I have been on the tippy side, today fell into deck screen door for no reason or warning. I just feel different and I know that I had no plans to live like this. Does anyone get tippy, angry, confusion on the smallest thing? I get the stabbing pains by R-Eye, it is still sore. Don't get me wrong I am Blessed to be alive, but this is not living.. Thanks for listening

oh debi you are not losing "it"-quit the opposite-wou are improving and gaining but it will take some tweaking and adjustments. You probably fell because your mind was elsewhere-please be careful-first priority. Funny(NOT) That you should mention--I always say im in a magnafyer-all things are compounded and exaggerated-anger, sadness, morning fog, even happiness, it takes lots of time to re-adjust and learn how to deal with it--for instance I can see a volatile situation arise beforehand and I pray to keep me calm and not get my heart pounding so fast and hard- I could feel it maxing out--very scary. I've learned to do nothing at times-last weeks issues are usaully a non- issue ive found and almost always other peoples problems. Things WILL get better- its a given- hang in there and write often it helps, also stop by the chat room- we are always there it seems! take care, God Bless you all~~ps- 6 weeks is early in the recovery process-i'm 4 yrs and still improving~~

These are all normal emotions Debi...That is why this journey takes so long...

2 years later...I have a droopy right eye and stabbing pains...you are early in your healing this can still improve...rest .. and glad you came her to vent...wishing you a better day .. ~Colleen

Hi Debi,

As John mentioned, if you had broken your leg it would take time...

We can't see our brain but it is healing and it does take time just like any other injury. I had my clipping almost a year ago and I still go thru emotional changes. Fortunately my anger is usually directed when I'm driving...that might be unfortunate though! I used post it notes for awhile because I found that things you automatically have done in life...like turning off my car I didn't remember how to do.

It can be a bit frustrating but I've found that being a part of this forum and having all these people that can relate to what you're going through has helped me out a lot.

Try to take it easy on yourself and check with your doctor about any physical problems you are having.

best wishes :)

Debi-

Yes, I get it. I'm just over 2 months post clipping and I TOTALLY get where you are. I also fell a couple weeks ago and have NEVER had an issue like that before. I now where glasses because my brain isn't processing the information that my right eye is "seeing"... seems the glasses are helping a little. I started counseling last week because I'm having SOOOO many dreams and remembering so much of my past that really I thought I had forgotten (or at least buried.) Am I overly emotional- YES, short tempered- YES, feel like I'm not "me" any more- YES! I have some degree of a headache EVERY SINGLE DAY. I keep praying this will all pass.

I know I should feel blessed to be alive and that this annie was found so that I can raise my kids- but, it is frustrating.

I get where you are. I'm believing everyone else is right and that it's going to get better in time.

Big hugs-

cordie

Cordie-

Yes, problems seeing as well R=eye. I am going in next week for an exam I know I am over due. I am saddened to hear about your dreaming, I do not have that going on. Considering I was having head aches almost every day before they incidentally from my 2-annies. I am Blessed that I do not have them every day. YES- I know what I should feel Blessed, in due time I guess. How old are your kids? Mine are grown (HAHA).. I had three sons, Dale passed 5 years next month. I LOVE this site...

Bigger Hugs back at you..Lets keep in touch

DEBI

Hello Val-

I was just cleared for driving, it scares me too death I just right now do small trips. I work for the state of MN. Used too work for drivers license division, of course they were on there best behavior.

Yep- Keep note book in purse and Day-Timer short term issues. Too funny but, (NOT) I could not get out of my car.... seat belt was still locked. Yes THIS IS A WONDERFUL SITE.

Have a great day.

Debi

Hi Colleen,

Yep droopy R-eye we have been noticing black n blue setting back in, real slightly though.

Thank you for my reminder... REST....

I am having a better day today, doing nothing.

Debi

Debi-

Yes, go for the eye exam. I had NEVER had an eye exam and had perfect vision prior to surgery. It was a bit of a shock when my eye was no longer swollen shut and I realized that I couldn't read without great difficulty.

My annie was an incidental finding also because of a change in my migraines. My mom FINALLY convinced me to see a doctor (nurses just don't go to doctors!) and here I am six months later.

I'm sorry to hear about your son, Dale, passing away. I'm sure next month will have it's up's and downs for you.

My girls are 2.5 years old and almost 11 months old. We still want more kids but I've got to say not as close together this time. Our girls are 20 months a part and that would mean I'd need to get pregnant in about 3 weeks to have the same age difference again- that is NOT happening!

Praying you are having a better day. Take it one day at a time. He really does have us wrapped in His loving arms!

-Cordie

Cordie and Debi and All...

I survived the minimally invasive coiling...had extreme vision damage to both eyes (w/only one small aneurysm in one hemisphere)...Many of us w/coiling go thru fall after fall...

As for vision...some of my records note "call in oph for patient safety"...and, which was never done... I was so blessed a couple of years later to have a neurologist do the referral for vision therapy...it was long and difficult...and, so blessed w/the results...did not regain full upper peripheral vision...minor issue...Somehow the vision therapy helped regain balance...

Tho...balance is related to the vestibulocochlear...cranial nerve...somehow vision therapy helped regain balance...so it has to somehow relate to the 3rd nerve...or one of the other closely related cranial nerves...

Prayers for your recovery...

Pat