Yea! I'm recovering in week 5

Hey friends,

I am recovering in week 5 from having 3 annies clipped on the left side. The first month has actually been slow, painful and dizzy. I see the neurosurgeon in a couple weeks for surgical follow up. I am going to talk about several things which really are troubling. My left eye was shut, swollen and bright red on day 3 after surgery. It now has bad vision, is discolored on some days and looks droopy on other days. I also have a ton of jaw pain still on the left side, with a grand opening of an inch. It is so strange because neither of these things were mentioned prior to surgery. I actually asked about the eye and the Doctor mentioned the aneurysms were closer to the speech area of the brain as opposed to the optic nerve.

I have reduced the narcotics to only 1oxycodone every 5 hours.

I have a hard time not starting to become concerned about the future treatment for 2 larger annies on the right side. The doctor talked about coiling those in the near future.

Yikes!!!! I read so much about headaches, headaches, headaches and compaction on the brave survivors.

Any advise will be so awesome. Apparently this is all I can type at this time. Missed you all so much

Sal

Great to hear from you. I’ve been wondering how you are and hoping for your progress. I’m sorry to hear of the difficulties. Since I’m still untreated, all I can share is that I was told one of the risks with clipping was a droopy eye and that was in 10-20% of patients. He told me it was temporary and not a permanent problem. I hope you get good input from others on here and I hope this month brings you continued healing.

:slight_smile: Karen

Right now Sal...don't worry about the other aneurysm's...focus on healing and resting and taking care of YOU...right down all your concerns for your checkup and I hope you get good answers...let us know...and wishing you a Healing Friday ~ Colleen

Hi Colleen,

My sweet friend, thank you for your uplifting response. I am focusing on the new daily strength. Yes!! I will right down questions for the Doctor. Ha ha, that will be way better for me to actually communicate my thoughts. Happy Friday to you, I'll come visit you all in "our living room" chat. Dang, wish we could pass around treats to enjoy together.

Blessings Sal

Hi Karen,

Super to hear from you. Thanks for the great uplifting info. It was great to read about an eye risk, and the possibility it will eventually improve. I'm sorry I haven't been on this site until now. I hope you are still thinking about treatment? I will read up on the site so I can continue to support these wonderful folks like yourself!

Blessings Sal

Sal...congratulations on each step of your rest and recovery...any open surgery...takes time to heal...

For questions for your surgeon...we have 12 cranial nerves in each hemisphere...the optic (CN II) is the one at the retina site / connection (my sloppy verbiage)...

Cranial Nerves (CN): CN III (oculomotor)...eye movements; CN IV (trochlear)...eye movements; CN VI (abducens) eye movements; CN VII (facial)....also has some connection to eyelid movement...or something around there...

I cannot remember what area/CN relates to our reaction to light/dark...There are common terms of various issues; i.e. Third Nerve Palsy....and same/similar for all our CNs..

CN VIII: (vestibulocochlear)...vestibule relates to our "balance/coordination"... the cochlear to our hearing...suggest you search: cranial nerve anatomy ...to help you with your questions...because you may find other CNs that can/may relate to other symptoms...

Sal, there are numerous issues, even for those of us treated w/the marketed minimally invasive way...

Please explain to us more about your jaw...

Sal, prayers for your continued healing ...and keeping up your rest... it is critical to the healing process...

Pat

hi Sal! we missed you too! keeping you and yours in thoughts and prayers and don't worry about the coiling- its an easy fix- I only had mild headache which Tylenol helped and the small bruise at incision site- 3 days gone!! rest well and try to eat healthy and be careful- we are accident prone~~

haaaahaaha - we usually just make each other hungry describing our meals and goodies, hope to see you soon in our chat room

Hi Sal,

I was also surprised by the sore jaw and vision troubles, both which cleared for me. The vision took about four months (I had double vision) and the jaw was a little sooner. I still have trouble with the jaw if I eat anything really chewy like jerky. Hang in there it sounds like you are doing amazing and have a positive attitude. Good luck!

Hi Pat,

yes, the jaw pain was from the muscle which got removed during the surgery. I only can open my mouth about an inch now. The jaw pain is left sided near the front of my ear. Your info on the Cranial Nerves is fabulous and really gave me outstanding information.

Thank you Pat for the wonderful details

Blessings Sal

Hi Ron,

thanks for uplifting me as I think about the coiling, three cheers for Tylenol. Glad to hear from you and hope you are feeling well. I agree with the accident prone, I'll take it slower. See you in the chat soon.

Blessings Sal

Hi Laura,

Thank God that your jaw and vision troubles improved. Were you able to drive before the vision improved? So happy to hear of your recovery. Hopefully, I'll write down the questions for the doctor so I can find out these things.

Sending thoughts and blessings your way.

Sal

Hey Sal,

I did drive before the vision troubles totally cleared. I drove with one eye covered to eliminate the double vision. It was just local driving though.

I wish I knew about the BAF website before my surgery it would have prepared me better.

Laura

Read your note to me Sal...treats in Chat sound so yummy...good sign...that you find treats still good...see one step at a time ... and you are on your way ~ Colleen