10 day to my surgery.....14th August

Hi all. Well it is 10 days to my surgery now. I have a 8mm Annie on carotid artery, behind right eye. Surgeon is doing craniotomy and clipping. I feel ok about this, most of the time. I feel positive that all will be ok afterwards and I am looking forward to getting back to full health again and making up for the recently cancelled holiday! I was worried about having hair shaved but I bought pretty scarves and some funky hats so that won’t be too bad either. What I am scared of is waking up from surgery and being in pain and maybe not being able to tell anyone. I am allergic to morphine (get so itchy I tear my skin) so will I get adequate pain meds?
I will post more soon
Chris

Hi chris

Don’t forget we will be with you all the way …your BAF family …your in our prayers

Thanks jimmy

Hi Chris, I wish you all the best. Be strong and stay positive. Katie

Hi Chris! Praying for a speedy recovery. It will be tough the first few days. Morphine made me itch too but I tolerated the itch vs the pain but i only took it for first days after my crainotomy. I wore lots of pretty scarves to hide my scar and I you will look and feel great w the scarves. I wore yoga pants and shirts my entire stay and recovery. Especially during my therapy. Gets lots of rest during your revovery. Please keep us updated on your progress after your surgery.

hi Chris-positive thoughts & prayers for you &yours,i think when you go in for your pre-admission testing write down your questions re pain meds or give a call to the nurse if you want to know before-bye for now-cu soon

Praying for a quick recovery!!! I would ask for benadryl extra dose.....that helps with the morphine itching and will help with pain a bit too!!!

Hi Chris,

I had my surgery on June 28th. I am positive your Dr. will do a great job. I was thinking half of my head would be shaved, but he shaved such a little amount, you really can't tell. It's right on my hair line but I too got a bunch of scarves just in case. Now, I will use them this winter! :)

Your pain will be controlled. They have many different things they can use. Just prepare to be VERY tired. I'm 5 weeks post op and still really tired. listen to your brain and don't over do it. Keep your chin up.

Hi Chris: My heart goes with you ! I hope you will be fine !What a terrible illness. I never heard about it before and all of a sudden there are perhaps millions of us !

When you say you are itchy, I am curious: Do the doctors say that it is related to the anerysm ? The reason I am asking is because I am itchy in my back (like if a cat scratches me I have blood on my scratches. I don't feel it until I feel like a mosquito bites me. Very strange indeed. It has started almost 10 years ago !

Les us know how it has been going !

Michele

Hi Michele

The itch comes from the morphine, I react to it adversely and scratch my self till I tear my skin

Thanks everyone for your messages. I have found so much support at BAF

Its closer now and I'm still coping

Bless you ALL

Hi Chris ! Thank you for your answer. I am sorry I didn't go to the site because I have other problems as weel to take care of.

Why do you take morphine ? Are you suffering ? The say we don't suffer from the aneurysm ?

Let us know how you make out and don't worry, god will be with you at this difficult time.

Bye now

Michele

Hi Michele,

I think Chris is trying to say that she doesn't WANT them to GIVE her morphine when she has her surgery....as she has a bad reaction to it and was wondering if she would/could be kept comfortable WITHOUT the use of morphine. She has had it in the past and it doesn't work correctly for her.

Have a great day!!

Tera

Hi Chris,

Good Luck for tomorrow! I will pray that you have a good recovery. Try no to worry I am sure all will be wekk

Jennifer Thomas x

Hi Anne,

I hope that your procedure tomorrow goes well. I will pray for you also to have a speedy recovery.

Jennifer Thomas x

Hi Chris:

I think you are out of the surgery room. I just wanted to tell you that my heart is with you. I hope everything is OK. Please keep us posted.

IT WILL BE BEHIND YOU SOON ! hAVE COURAGE.

Michele

Prayers Chris!!!!! Let us know when you can that all is well!!!! ((HUGS))