Things are finally looking up =)

I am a 21 year old female, this past July I had a seizure and was taken to the hospital. After a few CT scans and angio's, they found I had a ruptured aneurysm and a vascular malformation in my brain that "could" have caused my aneurysm. After two weeks in the hospital, my annie was coiled and shortly after I was finally able to go home. Things weren't easy and definitely were not painless.

I had to drop my college classes, I was trying to finish my admission requirements for the Registered Nursing program. Disappointment and anger was really all I felt for the next few months. All my friends were out celebrating birthdays and being 21, and I was at home barley able to enjoy 5 seconds of my day without severe pain, needed my parents to help me get up and down the stairs and couldn't even wash my own hair.

All 4 of my limbs were numb, and my left eye was turned sideways causing double vision. This was aggravating as I couldn't even read or watch a movie. I also kept getting infections; bladder infection from my catheter in hospital, sinusitis, tonsilitis, etc.

Well all of you know how the next few months of recovery goes. Anyways, just wanted to share my successes, finally.

My eye finally turned back to center mid November, I got my drivers license back, I was able to start studying and finished those classes I had to drop with an A- and a B.

Best news: I got into nursing school for September, and I got a job as a Care Aide.

I never fully understood why it all happened to me, I rarely drink, I don't smoke, I am a healthy young woman, But now I have great insight for my future patients, and am strongly considering specializing in neuro. Could have been someone guiding me onto a different path in life, or making me realize what is really important and what doesn't matter. Either way, I am very happy with how I have recovered and thank everyone who helped me.

Can't wait to read all of your stories!

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for sharing your amazing story. May God contnue to bless you with healing.

Take care.

Carole

hi Jennifer-thats so awesome! congrates on your achievements-im so happy for you! i am amazed --4 numb limbs -thank you for sharing- im 3 yrs post sah but only have 2 numby's, my left side is shot- i never realized i could have 4 bad limbs-thank you so much-you have inspired me to push on! Bless you & yours!

Jennifer what a great inspiration of a story. God bless. I'm sure you will make a great nurse with this experience. God will keep healing you.

Make it a great day!

Sandra

Hi Jennifer, I had gone through a ruptured AVM at the age of 20. Recovery is different and the same for everyone. I think we see things in a whole different light. I am going to be 58 next month. I have learned

that what happened was no fault of mine or anyone else. It just happened. just continue to look forward

and smile and be patient with yourself. And most of all, keep a good sense of Humor.