Surgical approach for fusiform aneurysms

Hey, everyone.

I have an unruptured fusiform aneurysm of the proximal basilar artery. It is dilated 8mm and affects a length of 13mm of the artery.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a fusiform aneurysm or if anyone has any information regarding surgical approaches for a fusiform aneurysm.

I have done A LOT of research in the past month since I found out about it, but can’t find much about fusiform surgical approaches.

I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon on September 7th and I’ll have this question answered then, but I don’t want to wait. I like to know things. I am dealing with this by learning as much as possible. All I’ve been able to find is information in medical journals from at least 15 years ago.

The only thing I know is that bypass with an artery taken from my leg is an option… clipping the aneurysm and rerouting blood flow around the aneurysm. I also heard from an ER doc that they can put a stent inside the artery and coil around it so it keeps blood flow in the middle of the artery and it can’t expand the artery anymore, but that sounds a bit iffy.

Any information would be incredibly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pam