Smoking?

Im just curious, i quit smoking after my annie, how many stayed smoking and did not have anymore trouble after 1st annie, and how many quit, and still have trouble.do you believe smoking is a big factor…???

I think that two important issues for people with aneurysms are controlling high blood pressure and to stop smoking. Of course, I do not smoke and I realize that it is easier said than done.

I smoked for 20 years, almost a month after I quit smoking is when I had my warning leak that lead to them finding my aneurysm. I was having a lot of trouble with quitting in that month and was very tempted to start smoking again, but I didn’t. I have to say, after having to go through surgical clipping (not a candidate for coiling) and going through everything to recover thus far, I won’t ever smoke another cigarette and don’t have any craving to do so. I always hated it when people would get onto me about quitting smoking, but part of me wonders if I had listened, if my aneurysm would have been as bad or if I might have been able to have coiling instead of surgery.

I am glad you asked this. I have been wondering also. I was a three year smoker after quiting for 22 years. I miss them alot but have not smoked since the Dr. appt the day before surgery. I asked my Dr. if I could smoke one more night to calm my nerves before surgery and he said no, he said it might kill me before I finished it.

thanks for responses…i still have not smoked, its been 3 weeks, yes i kinda want one, but then i think of when i woke up on the venaltor after my surgery…and i get scared. I am wearing the patch and it does take the edge off, im just hoping i can stay off of them, but i did smoke for 36 yrs wow long time, and i was still coiled, so smoking didnt stop that i guess…I know the first thing dr.s say is STOP SMOKIMG…but my mom had stopped for 30 yrs and she dropped dead not even sick last year, i am now assuming it was from a annie, makes me wonder oh well…

cindy ocker said:

I am glad you asked this. I have been wondering also. I was a three year smoker after quiting for 22 years. I miss them alot but have not smoked since the Dr. appt the day before surgery. I asked my Dr. if I could smoke one more night to calm my nerves before surgery and he said no, he said it might kill me before I finished it.

quit, but want one all the time but im not going to do it.who knows they blame everything on smoking.it sounds like you want to go back to it i wouldnt.