Should I be screened?

Hello!

So my father had a rupture at 50, he was back at home a week after, and recovered to this day very well. His mums, mother died of an Aneurysm (not sure on the age, but seem to remember it was young).

The past year it has played on my mind, and started worrying about whether I should get screened or not. I am a huge hypochondriac and lots of Anxiety, so I have been freaking out.

I spoke to my parents a few months back about this, and they convinced me around not to getting screened. My sister actually got tested for it, since she suffers headaches and came back clean.

I also suffer headaches, and pains in my eye. I just think they are cluster headaches, but who knows. (I live on the computer, and most the time it feels like they come on from this).

I am now 24, and really don't think I could go on not knowing, It just keeps popping into my head most mornings with worry.

Also the surgeon who dealt with my dads rupture said at the time (my mother tells me) that he said he doesn't think we need to get tested.

Do you think I should go to the doctor and speak to him about this and ask for a screening? I will add that I am not over weight, I have never smoked, never drunk and I consider my self a pretty fit person (and now exercising every day).

What are your thoughts on this? Anyone? Any advice/help/words of wisdom would be so much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Mark...I can't advise you on what to do ~ however, I was the first in my family to have 2 aneurysm's...I was told by my neuro Doctors that my children and siblings should all be checked...esp those who suffer from headaches...to date none have taken my advice...I believe people should be proactive with their health and you know that Doctors feel Brain aneurysm's can be genetic...so do what is right for YOU...~ Cyber~prayers that you can make a good choice ~ Colleen

Hi Mark!

I agree with Colleen, I do think its sensible to be pro-active in ones health, and considering your family history, I'd think it wouldn't hurt one bit to be tested. If you're able to get the MRI, why not get tested? My best to you! Janet