Remnant of anuresym left

Hi, my husband had a subarachnoid hemorrhage in the basilar tip on. Jan 15/13. We just had a angiogram done two weeks ago, and they have decided the best thing to do because their is still a remnant (doctors call it a dogs ear) left , he is at risk for another rupture. So they want to go back in this Friday the 28th with more coils! We are very nervous because the neurosurgeon said their is no room for error, and he doesn’t know if he would even go back in! Anyone else have any stories that can make us feel better? Thanks, Jackie

wow im so sorry Jackie, I had a sah and was recoiled - all 100% occluded, you are in my thoughts and prayers for the same

Hi Jackie,

I had a sah on May 16, 2012, when they did an MRI they found two other aneurysms. Before my year was up from the rupture, they went in an coiled the second aneurysm with no difficulties. I am certain that your husband will be fine. I still have a third that needs coiling, but it isn't large enough at this point to risk the surgery.

I will keep you in my prayers! Please update after the surgery!

God Bless!

Carol

So you had a second coiling too? I’m glad to hear that everything went good! Thanks

I will Carol, thanks for your reply!

So his surgery was Friday the 28th, spent 3 days in ICU. Had a problem with his eyes about 3 hrs after the surgery. They started to spasm. They gave him a heavy duty blood thinner, and they stopped spasming, Now one eye deviates to the right and the other eye only goes to the left to see not into the middle. The doctor said it was probably platelets forming on the stent that hey put in. Anyway, he is doing really good, hopefully going home today. His eyes are still giving him problems but the doctors think that it should get better in a few weeks. They put in three more coils and a stent, so we’re hoping we’ll be good now! Most important, He’s still here with me, and we know by the last surgery, the brain needs a lot of time to heal. Thank God! Jackie

Hi Jackie,

So glad to hear that he is still here with us! Hopefully the eyes will get better with time. I had shadows that I would see in my left eye after my surgery. It has sense gone away, but my issue wasn't as tough as the issue your husband is having. I will say a prayer that his eyes will heal soon!

Thank you for the update! Keep your chin up!

Carol