Recovery

Full recovery

Hello everyone, I'm new to this group.

I had strong rupture in july 2014, in the center of the brain,coiling. I was 14 days in the hospital, 3 months of headaches and tiredness, have started to drive car after 2 and half moths, but I had some nerve problems after – whole my body shaked.Blood pressure normal. I started to work two weeks ago, drive by a car daily 70 km. If there's no a lot of job I can handle a day normally, with my 1 and half year old son. I'm 40.

Two months ago a took some bioenergy treatments (four sessions) and since then I feel maybe 30-40% better. I haven't money for more.

But, if i pass over some limit, I just burn momentally, in a few minutes, I became sick – I feel li ke my body is shaking, strange feeling or weakness in my heart. Then I have to lie down for half to one houre, then I'm OK. On my job I mostly sit, it isnt' hard. Except this, I don't have any physical or psycgical problems (I had short temper problems, but solved it).

My neurologist haven't said anything to me, so I have to carry all by myself. They just dismissed me from hospital without any instrucions, and later, considering my symptoms, he said that they just 'patched' me to live, walk and talk, and that they don't know anything about the brain, and that a lot of peopl have similar sympthoms. That was the best hospital in the country, in the other maybe couldn't survive.

So – I'm interested in the following:

1. Can I fully recover?
  2. What can I do to improve my condition? (I don't drink alcohol, don't smoke, I eat healthy as my time and money allow me to). Should I run, drive a bicycle, yoga, meditation, tai chi….? Is there any tyese of food or natural preparates I should consider?
  3. Does homeopathy helps here?
  4. Is there anyone who got fully recovered? Of course there are plenty of cases, and we all are different.

I hope I didn't overdrive with my report and questions,

Thank you,

Giacoppo

Dear Giacoppo,

It takes the brain a long time to heal itself. It sounds like you are doing well, considering what happened to you. Be patient, and try not to do too much too fast. Time is your best ally at this point.

David Andrus

David is right. I’m 18 years out from my bleed and I think I’m still getting better each day. Try to be patient. I think recovery takes a lifetime.

It has been 17 years since my bleed . It took me about 3 years to get back to somewhat normal . I still have some physical disabilities but I can cope with it now ( therapy and meds ) I am working full time though . Give it time the brain takes quite a while to heal and ( rewire itself ) .

Thanks to all on answers. As everyone gave similar answer, I felt it same way, but occasionally didn't want to accept it. And patience isn't my stronger side :). Off course, every further advice is welcomed.

G, you need to add spiritual care to your resources. Please get on your knees and pray to whatever higher power you feel connected with!

Giacoppo, I'm 6 years from a ruptured annie. Treated by clipping and found another while doing surgery that was also clipped. I was in hospital one month and have a shunt. I feel I'm fully recovered. I use aromatherapy. I think Tai Chi is great. Indoor bicycling is a good choice. Mindfulness meditation is good. Of course, eat healthy -- lots of fruits and veggies. My neurologist recommended I take magnesium for some odd visual disturbances I experienced. It helped. Good luck!

Yes, I also do spiritual care, but I didn't mention it here.

Roger M. said:

G, you need to add spiritual care to your resources. Please get on your knees and pray to whatever higher power you feel connected with!

Thanks - I didn't try aromatherapy yet. I drink magnesium chloride with eating soda for three years, I think it helps. I do some kind of meditation, regeneration of the organs, and resolving psychosomathic problematic - psychospiritual causes of aneurysm. I keep digging for a few moths, and not finished yet, it goes very, very deep. I think you're the first person I found till now who said feels fully recovered. It isn't my first group.

Laraine Wessels said:

Giacoppo, I'm 6 years from a ruptured annie. Treated by clipping and found another while doing surgery that was also clipped. I was in hospital one month and have a shunt. I feel I'm fully recovered. I use aromatherapy. I think Tai Chi is great. Indoor bicycling is a good choice. Mindfulness meditation is good. Of course, eat healthy -- lots of fruits and veggies. My neurologist recommended I take magnesium for some odd visual disturbances I experienced. It helped. Good luck!

I wonder if there are a lot who fully recover but don’t post in here because they just go on with their lives unaware? dec 16 2014 was my rupture and coiling done on the 17. I suffer bad headaches everyday and like you I hAve to lie down.

Yes, I hope you're right. I wish you best, if you can write after two months, it means you could recover sooner.

Lisa Eriksen said:

I wonder if there are a lot who fully recover but don't post in here because they just go on with their lives unaware? dec 16 2014 was my rupture and coiling done on the 17. I suffer bad headaches everyday and like you I hAve to lie down.

Lisa and goacoppo,
My aneurysm ruptured on April 5, 2013 so I am coming up on my 2 year birthday! I have almost no memory of the 13 days in icu or 8 days In rehab. I had a grade 4 bleed (worst is a 5) had coiling of my basilar tip aneurysm, suffered a very short cardiac arrest and I have completely recovered! I went back to work as a registered nurse 9 weeks after the rupture and after 6 weeks In a wonderful outpatient rehab. In December of 2013 I returned to college to obtain my bachelor’s degree and will finish in august. still working full time as well. The degree of recovery is different for each of us and you may have to adapt to a new normal. I credit a wonderful neurosurgeon, ER doctor, nursing staff and most God for putting me in the right places at the right time.

I ruptured in nov 2012. Was a tractor trailer driver. The state took my cdl license from me. I’m sacred to drive for fear I will rupture again n kill someone. I went on disability

Hello there Giacoppo..A few yrs back I had a massive Brain Anuresym (Ruptured) where clip and Coiling was done to save my Life..I was release for the the Hospital but I was given Meds one is Dilantin because my body would shake which I'm presently on. It's happen Dec 15 and release for the Hospital Jan 25 the following yr. Giacoppo I'm happy you're Alive but now your Brain when thorough alot so your Fully Recovery will be a every day Learning process/ Keep eating Healthy/Meditation is great. Good luck and hope to hear more from you.

Welcome Giacoppo. So glad you found this support and are asking questions, a good sign you are looking forward for ways to encourage recovery.

I am two years from rupture, coiling, stent and (? "drain" that word always stumps me, but I'm recovering as the stuck word used to be "aneurysm" It helps me to keep humor about me and to laugh whenever I can).

I've found comedies and humor is easier to digest than previous favorites (mysteries and mental intrigue).

Just as David posts, it takes the brain a long time to heal, it works hard in ways we cannot see right away. It takes time, it is best not to push or hurry it. When I am patient and kind to myself tasks and life go smoothly, when I am impatient and critical of myself I get stuck. I like to say I have become allergic to worry and stress and need to avoid both. I am learning about mindfulness meditation to help me find calmness and to focus on one thing at a time.

Keep us posted on how you are discovering your path to recovery! I would bet everyone has a different way, comfort level and approach they find. Support, encouragement, and encouraging friends and caring others are so important in finding and traveling that path. May your recovery path be soothing, peaceful and bring your life into focus more clearly. Best wishes to you in your recovery!

I had a rupture in 2008, three weeks in hospital and three months off work. It was mostly the tiredness that got to me but I think after 6 months I was back to normalenergy levels. Headaches continued for a year or so but gradually decreased in frequency and severity. Since then I have felt 1000% back to my old self with the exception of a slight defect in my vision. Just wanted to share my story, that you may get to the point where life is as it used to be. All the best with your recovery!!

I would say it took me 2 years to get over my emergancy operation and another 3 to really feel that I was as normal as I was ever going to be.

After about 6 months I was getting what I thought was panic attacks but I was diagnosed with temperal lobe epilepsy.I took medication for about 4 years and the docs then reduced my dosage. and finally stopped it.I never had any more attacks.

Its a long recovery but each month there was progress and my confidence grew.I was scared of groups of people,of being on my own,I found time difficult to measure,I was tired,I could go on and on!!

My operation for the rupture was in 2006 and how am I now? my memory isnt as good and I get tired easily,is that affects from the operation or because I am getting older (59 now).Life is good and a health scare that that certainly makes you evaluate your life.I eat normally,to start with I just didnt fancy anything sweet or even coffee but back to normal eating now.No booze though,I would be too scared to.I want to be in control at all times.I dont drive as I think my reactions could be slower when I am tired.Anyway all things considered I am just grateful to be alive......

Good luck in your recovery and stay strong.Listen to your body and rest when you need too.

Giacoppo,

I agree with those saying to give it more time. I experienced a rupture of a basilar tip aneurysm in April, 2012 and just now...yes, 34 months later!...feeling "back to normal". Truth is, it's a new normal. C'est le vie!

I walk daily 4-5 miles; meditate; eat a vegetarian diet, practice mindfulness -- and still get headaches. They're not as bad as they used to be. I returned to my work a long time ago but I still have to take it easy when my body/head speak to me.

There's nothing to be afraid of -- just move one day at a time and give your brain the time it needs to heal. Good luck and God bless you!

Each person has a different experience. I had headaches for years, which I attributed to stress. Once my aneurysm bled while flying over the Atlantic, my headaches stopped and I have truthfully not had a headche for nearly 20 years. I cannot attribute this to any intervention, so have to conclude that God had more work for me before he calls me. What a blessing it has been to see our three children married and produce ten awesome grandchildren. Perhaps something like this awaits you as well.

Cool story Roger :slight_smile: