Recovery

I am sure you are very ready to be back to normal and not worried all the time about what's going on. You still need time to heal. I had an aneurysm 17 years ago (at the age of 28) which ruptured and they implanted coils. I did really well but I had almost a year of headaches and fatigue. All cases are different but the one thing that is the same for everyone is it takes time to heal. Doctors don't know what to tell people about recovery because everyone is different. I would say to ease anxiety over your symptoms, mild exercise or yoga or meditation would be a good idea. But listen to your instincts and take care of yourself as you've been doing. Hang in there, try your best to give yourself time.

Giacoppo,

Things will get better and better. Rest is very very important, in fact, it's the most important thing you can do for yourself - true rest. I had a bad bleed followed by coiling and took 3 months off of work. When I went back, I had no memory. But almost everything came back in over a period of two years, though it comes back in a slightly different form. Try to get some swimming in if you can, and consider taking a Yoga class - this really really helped me.

David

Hi Giacoppo, I consider I have had full recovery, from 2 clips fitted in dec 1988. for subarachnoid bleed You have done remakably well but it is still a short time ago. from what I remember for the first year I was tired and shook uncontrollably only when I was cold. I had memory loss after but my memory probably was not that good before. I went on to work as an analytical chemist even climbing factory chimneys doing Emissions monitoring and by that time I was a grandmother. So take your time it will get better or you learn to cope, I hope this gives you hope and I never had any support after from hospital but they saved my life so will not critacise them, only praise. Good luck my friend and do not be too hard on yourself you are a deep thinker like me, take your time it will slowly get better do not push too hard your body will take its own sweet time. Again Good luck and god bless.

Hi Giacappo I had 3 SAH 18 months ago 3 coilings I’m 38 years old.I did have head aches for a while Loss of memory and bad temper.I feel I have everything under control now.I work full time and drive every day sometimes the sun gives me a headache but their manageable. I feel I have made a full recovery now but take each day a day at a time best wishes Mark

Thanks a lot Mark! Fortunately here's winter. I'm interested how it will be in summer. Last summer I had luck, it was 'bad' weather. Best wishes to you also!

mark boland said:

Hi Giacappo I had 3 SAH 18 months ago 3 coilings I'm 38 years old.I did have head aches for a while Loss of memory and bad temper.I feel I have everything under control now.I work full time and drive every day sometimes the sun gives me a headache but their manageable. I feel I have made a full recovery now but take each day a day at a time best wishes Mark

Hey. Take a day at a time. Be patient with yourself. I had 2 clippings done over a year ago. My only problems are energy level and memory loss. They are still improving and I find plenty of rest and less stress help me to cope better. Good luck and less worry.

Thanks Vickie. Yes, energy level is a problem, but I do it well, since I have 1 and half YO kid who is very active :). Best wishes!

Vickie McRight said:

Hey. Take a day at a time. Be patient with yourself. I had 2 clippings done over a year ago. My only problems are energy level and memory loss. They are still improving and I find plenty of rest and less stress help me to cope better. Good luck and less worry.

Hi Giacoppo, havinging a one and half year old is tiring even without health concers! Hoping someone has some good suggestions and resources for you, keep searching there must be something that will help. Your symptoms certainly are real and physical, so dissapointed in your neurologist. Do you have resources to find a different provider? I’m optimistic that with time and the right provider you will improve. Please stay in touch, looking forward to hearing about your progress! Your in my prayers.

Thanks a lot Cheryl :). It is so dissapointing (but nothing new) that most of information I find on internet forums, and not from my neurologist. He sent me to neuropsychological test, which was done by psychologist(!) who without any concern wrote that I 'somatize' every of my sympthoms. Luckily for her I got the test findings by post. Neurologist I have are the best in the country, and I'm lucky a have this team, they saved my life for a sure. But, strictly every info I found on the net alone. I wait for angiogram now, then I'll see the condition. Very best, Giacoppo

Cheryl said:

Hi Giacoppo, havinging a one and half year old is tiring even without health concers! Hoping someone has some good suggestions and resources for you, keep searching there must be something that will help. Your symptoms certainly are real and physical, so dissapointed in your neurologist. Do you have resources to find a different provider? I'm optimistic that with time and the right provider you will improve. Please stay in touch, looking forward to hearing about your progress! Your in my prayers.

Giacoppo,

First of all congratulations. I had mine over 4 years ago, and am still feeling some of the effects. Exercise, both physical and mental are the most important things you can do to get back to a "normal" life. Eat good foods, try not to put on much weight and remember to always be thankful for the people who saved your life.

Giacopo

From my experience, it's high blood pressure that cause aneurysm and priority #1 is: DO NOT EAT ANY SALT. Anything to regulate your blood pressure.

Thanks Alexander, I'm glad to hear one more opinion, and one more case of recovery.I try to eat as good as I can - fruits and vegetables.

Alexander Hodor said:

Giacoppo,

First of all congratulations. I had mine over 4 years ago, and am still feeling some of the effects. Exercise, both physical and mental are the most important things you can do to get back to a "normal" life. Eat good foods, try not to put on much weight and remember to always be thankful for the people who saved your life.

Richadr, actually my boolb pressure is in most cases perfect, and three days before rupture I was at doctor for the physical examination, everything was perfect, except little eye pressure. After surgery Bloob pressure is mostly good.

richard said:

Giacopo

From my experience, it's high blood pressure that cause aneurysm and priority #1 is: DO NOT EAT ANY SALT. Anything to regulate your blood pressure.

Get a second opinion

Giacoppo,

First of all~welcome! Second~ you are amazing and don’t forget that!

Third~ try not to push yourself too hard to be who you once were. Your survival of an annie mid-brain just 7 months ago is something to feel very lucky about!

You will here many people who will talk about the “new normal,” but it is true. Don’t try and push your “now” person/body into the “then” before last July. I’m not a weak person, but i am still fighting this urge and it has been 5 years. Confront it daily and think about it positively. You survived for a reason

The “whole body shaking” thing concerns me with the time you spend on the road. Meditation, yoga, and if possible some thought, then discussion with a psychiatrist who can perscribe some anti-anxiety meds might help. I have found all three to help with my overall shakes.

You have come to a wonderful site full of supportive humans. It makes it so much better to know you are not alone on this path. The collective virtual hug found here can be life sustaining and supportive in a BEAUTIFUL way!
Peace,
Melissa

Thanks Melissa. I thought it will be shorter way, physically and psychicly. But as time goes by I discover more and more layers of causes of my condition. There are a lot of. Regarding my shaking, I think it is primarily neurological nature. I do psychotherapy so I distinguish psycho from physical symphtoms. Of course everything is psychosomatic nature in some way. Sometimes I took some sedatives, but they only mask ny condition, doesn’t romove it.I have to dig more :). Best wishes!