Recovery from endovascular coil and stent

Hello,

I had a coil and stent done less than a week ago and i am wondering how long recovery was for those of you who have had this procedure. I still have a lot of headaches, minor vision changes and a lot of pain in my groin, abdomen near the site and hip. Did anyone else experience these things? Also, how long until you felt back to normal? Back to normal activities?

It takes a few weeks or so for the groin area to heal. You may feel that for a while yet. Recovery really differs for everyone. Did you have a rupture? Headaches are completely normal and will lesson with time and your Vision Should stabilize fairly quickly. I found that my headaches were made worse by wearing glasses that were no longer the right prescription. I think I got my new script about 3 months out. Where was your aneurysm located?

Hi michelle

I had a coiling done on December 17 and I still have headaches everyday, but they are not as severe, although they can get pretty bad at times and I have to lie down until they go away. Be prepared for a slow recovery or you’ll make yourself nuts. patience is required, be kind to yourself. I lost the feeling around the area of entry through the groin so I didn’t have a lot of pain there. It’s numb there now, weird.

Lisa

My anuerysm did not ruptured. The pain in my groin and abdomen is horrible. Cant get comfortable and therefore not sleeping real well. My headaches are actually worse lying down which is inconvenient for sure. This sucks.

Yes for the first couple of weeks my headaches were worse lying down but after that it as better to lie down. I would prop a lot of pillow around me to try and get comfortable.

Is there redness around the area? If so, it could be infection and you should get it checked right away.

Good luck hon and hang in there. You are right, it does suck.

Lisa

Mine ruptured on Dec 16 and coiled on 17th. I had no pain at all in the groin area. Just the headaches, no ambition, wake up all the time. It is getting better. My surgeon said brain is a slow healer and be patient. Good luck and take care.

Wow Mark, mine ruptured on dec 16 and I was coiled on the 17th too! That’s freaky. Do you still have headaches? I have them everyday and sometimes they get pretty intense. I had my coiling done by Dr Rosso in Mississauga.

Cheers,
lisa

Here is m pic in the hospital…
75-image.jpg (921 KB)

Hi Lisa that is freaky. I ended up in London . Dr david steven. Now see Dr mel bolton. I got out on new years eve, when did you get out? I still have headaches as well.

Lisa Eriksen said:

Here is m pic in the hospital...

I got out on Dec 27.

I am happy to say today was the first day in a very long time that I went all day without a bad headache. Oh my gosh I’m so hopeful now!

Here’s to tomorrow!

Lisa

mark de koning said:

Hi Lisa that is freaky. I ended up in London . Dr david steven. Now see Dr mel bolton. I got out on new years eve, when did you get out? I still have headaches as well.

Lisa Eriksen said:

Here is m pic in the hospital…