Recovery f'n sucks

Today I found out the docs have decided to put in a feeding tube!!! We thought we were past this point. Mom’s aneurism seems to be stealing her away step by step, day by day. Anyone have a story???

Oh Trish, I am so sorry for what you and your Mom are going through. Some days are so discouraging. With extra nourishment is it possible your Mom’s recovery will be enhanced? Is her swallowing compromised? Is the feeding tube to supplement what she is eating? how long ago was your Mom’s aneurysm?
It took my hisband 31/2 months to relearn to swallow, but he did. The chap in the next bed relearned over an even longer period of time.
I have come to think of this healing journey as a dance. Not every step is forward, some go backwards and there are sidesteps too. In the end, you do make it around the room.
In all of life, not every day is good, not every day is better than the day before. Some days olympic athletes have bad workouts when they can’t do what they did the day before. It’s not just us. Hang on.

I love the dance analogy-I will pass this on to my dad, who is even more frustrated than me. He’s watching his best friend slip away…it’s almost like I’m watching 2 deaths. She had the stomach feeding tube procedure done yesterday. 24 hour timeline before it can be used-couple of days before we can see any improvement. 24 hour ends at about 4 pm today-We’re hoping and praying

Trish, hope your mom is improving. They threatened me with a feeding tube as apparently I wasn’t eating. Thankfully I have a wonderful partner who set me straight and after a stern lecture I started eating on my own. Our brains need an incredible amount of protein to heal. We had to learn tricks along the way to get that protein goal met Wishing you and yours a successful outcome.

They threatened my mom with a feeding tube also. Whenever she would get stubborn we would just ask her, "You want a feeding tube?". That really helped.

I also hope your mom is getting better, Trish.

Trish, how is your family holding up?

My hubby is having a craniotomy next week to clip a large aneusym so me being proactive bought protein powder to make shakes (he could stand to lose a few pounds). The more you add to them (ice cream, fruit, peanut butter,ect) the more calories and protein…

Trish why does your mom need a feeding tube? Is she having an issue swallowing? I am so sorry and please keep us posted! Prayers