Sorry to hear about your issues. in 2016 I had a brain aneurysm burst, and had a platinum coil placed as part of the procedure. I then discovered that I have a second aneurysm on the opposite part of my brain, which the surgeon wanted to operate on, about 5-6 months after my first op, when I was still getting over the first. The neurologist has been checking on it every year via an MRI, thankfully, it has been stable since my original op on the opposite side, and they don’t want to see me for another 5 years to have another MRI, so my op has been postponed as it is unchanged, stable.
I don’t know if it is coincidence, but I saw an alternative (nutritionist), as the Drs, neurologist said there was nothing I could do to control it apart from controlling my BP and stress level, and I may need tablets for this, so I started taking more vitamin C, antioxidants, Bioflavanoids, and generally eating healthily: Mediterranean Diet, and various other actions, including relaxing, meditational activities, and gentle exercise, food based to keep a gentle fluid, blood circulation flow, keeping my BP level etc.
I wouldn’t let it worry you about the results been no change, it just means that it is stable and not moving or increasing, (if anything you should be thankful, and I am happy that it is stable). However, like you, I cannot understand why they want to coil it, if it is stable, especially after the complications. You could always ask them why they wish to operate when it is stable, and especially after your last complications?
When I saw my neurologist, he knew that I wasn’t totally comfortable with an op, so he said that he would check it every year from an MRI, but I had to be prepared to take the op if it increased, but he stated that he wouldn’t operate if I was unsure whilst it is stable. I also asked about the side effects of an operation on my other side which would be with a metal stent if I did have it, and was told that I would need to take an aspirin a day for about a year, and a low blood thinner to keep the blood flow, but there was a low risk of a stroke, (hence the reason for the blood thinners). Thankfully my aneurysm seems to be stable, and thankfully I am on no tablets.
To be honest, I cannot tell you what to do, this is up to you. I know I did a lot of crying, and suffered depression after realising what had happened, as well as suffering various other after effects that I was unprepared for, but thankfully this didn’t include a stroke during the op as far as I know, (although much of being in hospital in ICU is a blur)…
After doing a lot of inner self searching and praying, I started asking the neurologists questions, when I was getting better, and what I didn’t ask a relative asked when they went with me for support, as they knew that I was worried about many things, including any side effects of the operation, possible other operation for my other aneurysm, any tablets I would have to take after the other op, any after care, as well as the results of my MRIs etc.
On a personal need, I weighed the pros and cons of not having the op and having the op, and thankfully I had an understanding neurologist, so I decided to postpone it, and try controlling the aneurysm, and thankfully it seems to be working.
Everyone is different, but you are not alone with an aneurysm.
I hope you can workout what to do, but make sure that is is what is best for you, whatever you decide, good luck.