Question about confusion?

It is now day 13 since my fiancées anuerysm. He still remembers everyone but the stories he tells make NO sense. He talks constantly but it usually has nothing to do with the conversation. I don’t think there’s even much truth to what he says. Did anyone else experience that? If so, did it take long to get better? I know everyone heals differently, I just need a glimmer of hope that his mental state may change. He still has no idea of what has happened either. Some of the things he’s told the nurses is embarrassing.

I agree with jim, day 13 is very early in recovery, people talking sounds like blah blah blah and you cannot process them- its like a foreign language and every once in a while you catch a word or sentence, as you are on sentence 5 he is still processing the first, even at the 2 year mark I had trouble with 3 way conversation but ay 4 yrs I would fare much better, I will revisit my work soon to see if I improved, I attended a family meeting with 8 adults and I did fairly well but froze on a word and my brother helped me out, he will improve, how much and how quick will be hard to say, hang in there things will look better soon!

Gosh he has long to go in this healing journey...often the smallest improvements with the brain are very big steps...The Nurses, Doctors, etc., understand...he needs lots of rest...~ Gotcha both in my Thoughts ~ Collee